High Sierra Glitch

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

High Sierra Glitch

Postby pbacot » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Trying High Sierra. Many actions create a black square flashing on the screen at the cursor, generally after the action (i.e. move) is complete.

It could also be due to the move to a new MBP. But it is similar MBP to the one I had...

I have v 9.1.6 and on further tries the black square flashing happens after certain PowerCADD functions: e.g. move, resize (by dragging selection handles), paint bucket, move points.

But so far it does not seem to happen with any WildTools--and doesn't happen with drawing tools (such as line tool) or drawing dimensions.
pbacot
millennium club

Re: High Sierra Glitch

Postby pbacot » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Tried to edit the post but am getting an error. So trying this.

This problem only occurs on my Dell monitor, it turns out, not on the MBP screen. But still just limited to certain PowerCADD actions. Thanks for any ideas!

Happy Holidays!

Peter
pbacot
millennium club

Postby bergdesign » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:15 pm

If you didn't get an email back in Dec 2017, try the following link... It will bounce you to the page for the latest version 9.1.8:

http://www.engsw.com/products/powercadd/powercadd-9-1-5-update/

Brock
bergdesign

Postby pbacot » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Oh, I did the the update link in "Help" and only got 9.16. Thank you. I will try this.
pbacot
millennium club

Postby pbacot » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Thenks. I tried it right away, but does not solve the problem I have. it's only on that one monitor (so far--I have to check if it all second monitors). A really great monitor that did not have a problem with PowerCADD before this lap top and this OS.
pbacot
millennium club

Postby Derek » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:11 am

I wonder if it could be an issue with the shake mouse pointer option in System Preferences, Accessibility, Display section. Is that on or off? I've seen that invoked at weird times when using PowerCADD.
Derek

Postby Alfred Scott » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:23 pm

It sounds to me like PowerCADD is calling for a system cursor to draw and if that cursor is not 'available' then you get this flashing.

All of the cursors that I call in WildTools exist in WildThing so they are always available no matter what and that's why you don't see anything going wrong.

I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

But you might try putting your fist through the monitor and see if that helps!

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby pbacot » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Turns out it was NOT High Sierra, but a 2018 MacBook Pro compatibility problem (I guess...) I decided the newest MBP wasn't worth it and now I am temporarily back on my older machine. In the process I now have High Sierra on that older machine and don't have this glitch In PCADD on any monitor.
pbacot
millennium club

Return to PowerCADD Discussion