PowerCadd hanging in the open Dialog

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

PowerCadd hanging in the open Dialog

Postby lavardera » Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm

PowerCadd has started hanging on the Open Dialog on my machine. I'm not sure when this had started. It may have begun after a system update, or it may have to do with my Time Machine disk causing the dialog to hang on loading. The symptom is that the dialog opens, but the active area of the window never populates with the file list. I get a beach ball and it just spins. Also the shortcut list on the left does not populate with a full list of shortcuts.

Update - I left the beach ball spinning, and it eventually populated, and returned a normal cursor and worked normally.

Now I am thinking there is something in the target folder that is confounding the finder.
lavardera

Re: PowerCadd hanging in the open Dialog

Postby lavardera » Thu May 10, 2018 6:08 pm

I think I figured out what was causing the hang.

I had an alias in the project folder that links to the project folder on the server of my friends office. I use this when I am at their office when their server is mounted on my machine to quickly access the project folder. It seems that the finder was trying to resolve the alias before completing the dialog.

I don't know if there is any way around this. My work-around was to hide the alias in a sub-folder so the finder did not see it when the Open dialog opened the folder.
lavardera

Postby robmunach » Sun May 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Mine will hang if I am not connected to the internet
robmunach

Postby clashorne » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Since the beginning I have been able to open .dwg/.dxf of any version up to 2010. Now the translator suddenly has stopped working. As suggested I have tried to download Draftsight. I have dowloaded that however it won't let me open it until I activate it. But it won't let me activate it. I have tried multiple times. Are there an hints.
clashorne

Return to PowerCADD Discussion