PowerCadd upgrade

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

PowerCadd upgrade

Postby Paul H » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Just upgraded to PC 9.1.8 and all is running well. Placing images now works without a hitch. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the upgrade. Placing images is a very important part of my work flow. I use SketchUp as a primary design and presentation tool and placing jpg images within PC & WT is critical for me.
Paul H

Re: PowerCadd upgrade

Postby Rob C » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:07 am

Where is 9.1.8? Latest I find is 9.1.6.

BTW, latest WACOM driver, and PD 9.1.6 and WT10.1.3 v5 and still no variable bush size working.
Rob C

Postby Rob C » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:17 am

Paul H wrote:...I use SketchUp as a primary design and presentation tool and placing jpg images within PC & WT is critical for me.

I'm doing more and more with bringing material back into PowerCADD from SketchUp myself. It might be helpful to compare notes on the process. I think Greg's been doing it a lot for while, yes?
Rob C

Postby fred johnson » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 am

Rob, you're are doing a great job with sketchup and PC yourself from what I've seen.
fred johnson

Postby Rob C » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Fred,

Thanks. I've been teaching SketchUp to high school students at a private school in Danbury for 5 years now, so I keep working at getting better at it. I think I might be going to their bi-annual conference in Septempber. Any other's interested?
Rob C

Postby pbacot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:31 am

I've been regularly bringing SketchUp elevations into PowerCADD via Layout. The only hurdle seems to be the slow LayOut print to pdf and then LO does not name the pages consistently to separate files which would work seamlessly with references in PCADD. I have to be sure to name each file to have the reference update. But I can make some changes pretty rapidly from SketchUp to LayOut to PowerCADD reference. And that's where components and 3d can payoff. Change a column or window style and have all the elevations update at once.

PowerCADD is so far ahead of Layout in presentation tools that it is painful for me to use LO for that, but some people are doing excellent work finishing in LO.
pbacot
millennium club

Postby Rob C » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:27 pm

I find it painful to use Layout too after using PowerCADD. It's like getting off a Cannondale Supersix Evo with a SRAM Red drivetrain and getting on a on a kid's one speed.
Rob C

Return to PowerCADD Discussion