Ancient Underwater City-scapes, Visible with Google Earth?

This forum is for friendly discussion among DesignCommunity members on weather, sports, politics, fishing, and those other parts of life that don't fit into the topic-specific DesCom discussions.

Ancient Underwater City-scapes, Visible with Google Earth?

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:56 am

After finding what appears to be two underwater cityscapes, at Lago Atitlan and Lago Amatitlan, both in Guatemala, I decided to create a new topic. By the way, the Lakes are not showing individual images, but multiple images around the perimeters.

I have suggested that maybe these rectangular images are modernish, and they may be, yet, no "traffic roads" are visible. And I have suggested that they may be optical illusions, or some relective element caused by the satellite angle, and they may be.

But what is starting to baffle me is that the underwater images found under Lago Amatitlan seem to be aligned at the EXACT SAME +15 degree tilt off True North, exactly like Teotihuacan. This is an ancient feature, not a modern feature that I know of.

I am asking for professional and qualified academic assistance here. This is too big for me. It may have a simple answer, or it may be a significant find, and now I want to find more of these images around the world, of ancient city layouts that may be preserved because of their underwater status. I need big help on this.

And wouldn't it be neat if a feature of Google Earth is that it can define ancient objects, like ancient cities...located underwater!!!

Your opinions please...why the exact same 15 degree angle in both the Temple complex of Teotihuacan, and under the Lake of Amatitlan, 630 miles away?

My amateur guesstimate...they were both aligned to the ancient celestial pole star "Thuban", which is now more aligned with "Polaris".
Ed Ziomek

Ancient orientation, but possibly more modern architecture

Postby Ed Ziomek » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Regarding the two "cityscape lakes" previously mentioned in Guatemala, Atitlan, 11 miles across, and Amatitlan 1.2 miles across....

Atitlan appears to have been a lake-side community, with peninsulas jutting out and residential and possibly temple areas.

Amatitlan appears to have been a valley-floor community, with a river passing through.

Both areas had volcanos nearby, and it appears that some form of calamity transformed the areas into total-lake areas, making habitation on the lowest levels impossible. Agricultural runoff, and mudslides choking off river and stream systems could also be a factor of rising lake waters.

While I found the orientation of Amatitlan pathways and boundaries to be aligned to the ancient 15 degree North by Northeast direction, I have been reminded that the architectural structures may be more modern, and may in fact may have been Spanish settlements for all I know.

Initial Conclusion: Ancient orientation, possibly modern structures, but seemingly intact underwater architectural areas.

Bottom line, I will be sending this information to the Guatemalan government, for their review and advice. It might be significant, it might not.

Below is a sample of Amatitlan architectural structures, now covered by water, and the same Google Earth photo, enhanced with Photoshop.

Ed Ziomek

Coastline of France, unknown farming area

Postby Ed Ziomek » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 pm

In my further research, I found a spot on the coastline of France which shows farmland areas now underwater, or now described as "mudflats", or "tidal wash" areas.

I have the Google Earth image labeled "ancient farmland", but the truth is, the photo shows previously used farmland possibly as young as 100 years old, there is no way to tell. It is puzzling, how mudflats can be used for agriculture, and then the sea level rises. Can we accurately tell when the varying sea levels occurred?

Coast of France...

I have to believe this type of event happened all over the world, for millenia.

"Flatter oceans may have caused 1920s sea rise"
Catherine Brahic
http://environment.newscientist.com/art ... -rise.html
"The movement of a colossal "mounds" of water in the North Atlantic and Pacific oceans may have caused sea levels to suddenly begin rising more quickly in the 1920s, researchers say.

Their analysis presents a more complex picture of sea-level change and suggests that the rate of change has been more dramatic than previously thought."
Ed Ziomek

Bimini Road, or ??? Erased?

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:56 am

The alleged "Bimini Road" serves the Atlantean researchers like myself with some excellent material for thought. If, as 1,000 previous authors theorize, the ancient Egyptians-Babylonians-Greeks-Judaic Tribes tribes were in the Western Hemisphere, then the islands between Europe/Africa were also populated with these same tribes.

Hence, we have the Bimini, Bahamas island chain, 54 miles off the coast of Florida which must have had contact with these groups.

And when I Google-Earthed the Bimini atolls, I noticed virtually the exact familiar 15 degree slanted land-bridge between two of the main islands, which may have been man made, I can't tell.

On closer inspection of the actual Bimini atoll, however, I notice what appears to be deliberate obscuring of the features within the Bay area, which puzzles me. Are the obscuring actions made to cover ancient rectangular structures and features? I totally understand, it would not be the first time that local officials have strenuously objected to the international publication of ancient archaeological sites, which a massive influx of tourists would destroy within a few years.

Obscured Bimini Bay

To the south of this main island are the atolls of Bimini island chain, one of which has a brilliantly lit island, with what I originally thought was an ancient "Bimini Road", but now I feel is a deep-water trench for ocean-going ??? tourist vessels. --Or it is a satellite tracking station attached to the American space tracking efforts?...(I get the brilliant picture!)

Anyways, I guess as a reminder, Google Earth is understandably "blacked out" or obscured-out, or fuzzied-out, in certain sensitive areas.
Ed Ziomek

North Korean Migs

Postby Ed Ziomek » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:01 am

In my pursuit of the underwater cityscapes, I came across a North Korean airfield showing what appears to be Mig 17s and 21s.

These vintage and still deadly aircraft seemed parked too perfetly next to each other, wingtip to wingtip, so I suspect that most of these aircraft are non functional and meant to put on a show for satellite secret squirrels like myself.

But I would like to ask, if the whole world calls Korea...Korea, why do the natives call it "Han Goo"? Just asking, Cam Sam Nee Dah!

Ed Ziomek

Briodgeport and Long Island Sound, Underwater cityscapes

Postby Ed Ziomek » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:20 pm

A review of what you already know, and which has been published many times before me...

1. All ancient organized cities were aligned to the stars and planets, with the north south line probably aligned to Thuban of the "Little Dipper". In ancient times, this star arrangement may also have been the "club of Hercules", which as it rotates around the Northern celestial center, seems to be "swinging a club". The present day celestial center is "Polaris".

2. The ancients dug-out "Line of sight pointers", from one temple location at the city center, to another city center miles away are still visible today, even underwater. These lines, I strongly suggest, corresponded to stellar alignments, to help in monitoring the stars, from one city-center-temple to the next. I call this the "star cluster" arrangements which still point to ancient habitat areas, and help persons like myself spot habitation centers.

The first rule of ancient construction seems to have been: Agree with the Gods! Please the Gods! Pray for good harvest, large families, safety from enemies!

The second rule of ancient construction seems to have been... "As above in the heavens, so below on earth, so within ourselves". For this reason, ancient city scape areas were constructed to mirror the constellation arrangements in heaven. North was good-heaven-god-like (the head and intellect), South-underground-underwater was evil (the feet), East was birth and rebirth, West was death, and the center was the Heart and Lungs.

The third rule seems to be...find fresh water supplies and build temples on top of them, to protect them from the elements.

3. From my amateur, unscientific viewpoint, the six most prominent alignment points seem to be, depending on the millenia and the culture, and not necessarily in this order... a. the northern celestial center Thuban, b. the Plaedis circumpolar stars (Maya, most brightest), c. the planet Venus, d. the rising Sun, e. and the Moon (critical for planting and harvesting) f. the Milky Way ...which was the celestial tree of creation, the tree of life.

4. Virtually every location I have researched seems to have these ancient alignments, and the origin certainly seems to go back to ancient Babylon, Sumeria, Egypt, China, and more modern day Greeks... the usual advanced-culture suspects.

5. With the numerous man-made, underwater locations I have found via Google Earth, I can only seem to confirm what is already known, that huge areas of low-land, developed areas are now underwater, including the Long Island Sound, which I am presenting today.

Estimates of ancient sea levels indicate 300 feet lower than today, during the ice age conditions of 10,000 BC. In my amateur opinion, based on the undersea images, it appears that pre-flood cityscapes were heavily favoring circular patterns (tribal family cultures?), and post-flood cityscapes were heavy with rectangular patterns, possibly indicating the emergence of property-ownership cultures.

Underwater cityscapes...star patterns...
This first image is Long Island Sound, Bridgeport Connecticut to Stony Point, Long Island, which I have flagged with what I believe are faint underwater stellar alignment patterns, and I am suggesting that these are ancient, though I have no proof.

Bridgeport Connecticut star cluster pattern, which may include the "belt of Orion" temple layouts....

The most amazing thing of the star pattern layout of Bridgeport Connecticut, is that the ancient underwater alignments seem to line up with modern street patterns.

Bridgeport, Connecticut: Underwater image of star cluster with lines, compared with underwater clean image...

Note: the faint, explicit critical-alignment-lines might only be viewed directly in Google Earth.... but here is a try....

Adobe Photoshop enhanced of underwater image.

As always, I remind people I am simply tabling tourist observations, and none of it is scientific proof of anything. Hopefully it can also inspire the next generation of history appreciating fans.
Ed Ziomek

Key Largo, Onshore, offshore Altar structures

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:39 pm

I feel like a tourist guide... Key Largo, Florida is next. The full view of what appears to be an ancient city-scape is like 8 miles north to south, and 7 miles west to east.

First off, we have what I am calling the Thuban North-South stellar alignment.

No readily available stone building materials are evident, so instead of temple structures, I suspect what I am detecting are "altar structures" all over the place, with a concentration of structures to the North, and individual habitats 4.3 miles into the Atlantic ocean tidal areas to the east.

Note: I certainly thank Imageshack for their sponsoring my images, but I advise caution when selecting the thumbnails... advertising popups appear.

Key Largo due West, and 20 square miles to the East of tidal areas, Atlantic Ocean ancient habitats..

Altar complex, with astronomical lines added

Altar complex, without lines

This small "underwater island habitat" is the higher ground of a previously much larger community.

Ed Ziomek

Key Largo to Bimini... adn beyond...

Postby Ed Ziomek » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 pm

First of all, I would like to mention that I am finding 100's of underwater star-cluster communities in the boundaries of Florida, Bimini, Cuba, and the Yucatan. Usually these star clusters are near the modern shoreline, but sometimes they are as much as 130 miles into the Atlantic Ocean or the Caribbean.

Unless my imagination is playing huge deception tricks on me, the human habitation of some of these areas seems to have been extremely dense.

In fact, the area between Key Biscayne and Key Largo, in what I call the "Bay" areas, the tidal surf areas, I think I can safely identify 200 additional square miles of human habitation features in what is now underwater ocean tidal areas.

55 miles due East of this area is the Bimini Atol..

Biscayne to Key Largo to Bimini, many habitation indicators.... popups!...

Beyond the Bimini Atol to the East and Southeast is a 2500 square mile area of coral reefs which also seems to show major temple complex and habitation areas, all underwater.

Not shown here, but North of the Florida Keys, I am detecting an additional 1000 square miles (100 x 10) of probable irregular human habitation, sometimes dense.

As mentioned before: Circles, but very few squares and rectangles...
I have questioned myself, how do I know an underwater temple complex from an underwater meteor impact? I really don't.

However, the most typical characteristics of the hundreds of underwater star cluster villages I seem to have encountered, were the laser-stellar alignments which converged on the circular centerpieces.

Furthermore, the star clusters of neighboring areas were intentionally interconnected, and those interconnections, and laser-straight, line-of-sight pathways are faintly visible today even underwater.

Repeating the note: On the construction, landscaping, and architecture sides, are the abundance of circular areas, and circles within circles, geometric stellar alignments, and almost total absence of squares and rectangles, at least from satellite imagry heights.

Bimini stories, believers and non believers....
http://www.mysterious-america.net/bimini2007.html
http://www.crystalinks.com/biminiroad.html
http://www.csicop.org/si/2004-01/geolog ... tures.html
Ed Ziomek

Key West, Florida

Postby Ed Ziomek » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:20 pm

I am taking the viewers to Key West, Florida today.

As further almost proof of ancient habitation in coastal areas of the East coast, I found unmistable stellar star-cluster communities in the tidal area of Key West, to a distance of a mile, or two from the beach.

In addition, I think I found an onshore treasure trove of geoglyphs, also in Key West, worn down by time and weather conditions, on the north shore in a swampy tidal basin area.

This onshore location, one of hundreds that I have found in the water and onshore, offers a unique opportunity to research the origins of these habitats, which could date back to the 1500 BC range, or earlier.

Note: What I am calling "star clusters" is not without precedent. There are many book and articles explaining the astronomical star arrangements of ancient villages.

For example: The Orion Zone: Ancient Star Cities of the American Southwest, by Gary David
http://- forum abuse -/

Note: I have notified Key West officials, and will be notifying more, alerting them to the presence of these historical sites.
Ed Ziomek

Long Promontory, "Straits were narrow at that point&quo

Postby Ed Ziomek » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:27 am

I am presenting these Google Earth views of the Bahamas-Cuba-Florida areas, as unquestionable, densely populated, human-habitation areas of ancient times, which are now underwater.

Today's contribution is not theory, but confirms countless previous author's sightings and observations.

How ancient is anyone's guess at this time. I can show, and the viewer can easily derive, explicit - pinpoint locations of temple structures, entirely under relatively shallow water.

First view is the perspective, South Florida in the Northeast corner, Bimini to the West 55 miles, astronomical lines to its West.
The Bahamas are on the Western side - running 136 miles North to South, and south of the Bahamas - North of Esmeralda, Cuba is another concentrated habitat area. This area shows spirals, circles, temple structures (pointed out, 1.5 inches NW of arrowhead), and astronomical pointing lines in the star cluster arrangment.

A closeup of the area, south of Bahamas, and North of Cuba, shows the detail of the habitation. The view is measured 130 miles from the Northeast corner to the Southwest corner.

Final view is the closeup without the lines, but with the pointing arrow added showing a main temple structure 1.5 inches to the NW.

Note: The arrow points to a rectangular platform or walled area, which is 10 miles diagonal, from top left to bottom right.

The underwater area which is showing dense human habitation structures, seems to be a contiguous island structure, probably stretching from South America all the way North to the Bimini Atoll area, sort of a "long promontory" which agress with historical accounts of ...you know where!

Unprovable, but interesting....
Oh, let's add the other Atlantean clues... "Straits were narrow at that point", and "entered an ocean, which was really just a Bay, an entrance towards the really larger ocean", and... "it was at the beginning of a truly endless continent".

Doesn't prove anything... but....!!!!
Ed Ziomek

Gulg of Mexico, Ancient habitation

Postby Ed Ziomek » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:47 pm

To my continued amazement, I found human habitation evidence at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico, indicating an agrarian society existing there, prior to it becoming ocean. I can only guess that this habitation would be considered "Pre-flood".

Gulf of Mexico and the Northern Gulf of Caribbean, with astronomical lines, roads, lines of sight between temple/city centers. For the first time, I am plausibly seeing lengthy rectangular boundary lines, around circular temple and city centers.

Same view, without lines... watchout for annoying popups....

On the basin of the Gulf of Mexico, I wanted to show a 300 mile stretch showing city-center lines, and a faint rectangular boundary line. I have to believe that these vague, faint images indicate to me, ancient human habitation and agricultural use of the land. Obviously, I am requesting that all REAL academics and professionals investigate this theory further.

Note: The explicit, extremely subtle and vague lines may only be visible, directly in Google Earth....

Two interesting points of interest:

South of Thibbodaux and Houma, New Orleans and Pensacola....

Rectangular structures to the left, and circular temple structures towards the middle....

In the Gulf of the Caribbean, 20 miles south of the Cayman Islands, what appears to be rectangular city-scapes and a central round temple structure, with a deep ocean trench ravine to the north.

Ed Ziomek

Atlantic and Pacific Basins show human habitation

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Folks, I believe that I have just changed every geographic-history book that was ever written.

If the images of the Atlantic and Pacific floors under the ocean are exactly as depicted, then Google Earth is displaying millions of square miles of previous human habitation.

Yes. It was probably agricultural areas, with an astronomical city-scape viewpoint, proven (to me) by the Thuban alignments and star cluster city-center to city-center connections, and the circular landscapes of boundaries. Rectangular boundaries are rare in these habitats, but they do exist.

I am not talking theory, here, but actual physical proof of habitation. The Hows and Whys and Ifs...of the architectures, these are only my best guesses. Land bridge? Yes. Maybe not entirely, but land bridges existed over massive expanses of what we now call the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. I followed the track of habitats through the entire Atlantic, North and South, but only went 1300 miles west of San Francisco for the Pacific, towards the Hawaiin Islands. I am guessing the entire Pacific is shows human habitation on higher elevations of the ocean floor.

There is even an Atlas-style mountain-range structure (it seems, anyways), in the North Atlantic.

I think I will be researching this one topic, for the rest of my life.

I am again, and again, and again, stunned!!! Enjoy!

Atlantic Full View

Mid-Atlantic close up, 1400 miles southeast of Boston

Pacific, from California, 1300 miles West towards the Hawaiin Islands

Mid-Pacific habitats, close-up, 700 to 1300 miles west of San Francisco

Thank you www.imageshack.us, and watch out for the popups.
Ed Ziomek

Pacific is also saturated with habitation indicators

Postby Ed Ziomek » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:56 pm

No surprise, the Pacific also shows specific habitat centers, virtually everywhere. Today, we go to Japan, and the East coast....

East and Northeast of Mt. Fuji, from the East coast to 200 miles into the ocean, from Yokohama to Choshi to Sendai, is a mega complex of human habitation evidence: roads, temples, rectangular structures, stellar alignment "star cluster" displays.

Map at...

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&i ... 503418&z=7>

First view, Japan full, with my added lines. (annoying advertising popups will appear)

Second view, Japan full, without lines.

Third view, East Coast of Japan, Yokohama to Sendai, underwater temple complex, with lines. The complex is approximately 200 miles West to East, and 200 miles South to North.

Fourth view, closeup of Temple complex without lines.

Ed Ziomek

My goof...

Postby Ed Ziomek » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Full view of Japan, without lines

Ed Ziomek

Carmel King, 225 BC or older

Postby Ed Ziomek » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Exactly like the Homesick Samurai I found in Cuba....

...I have found a "Carmel King" geoglyph in the Carmel/Monterey area on the California coast, looking West.

To this position, I believe he is looking towards his homeland, which is most probably Asia.

Note: I added the Yellow lines on the left side to show "North" of today, followed to its right with the 14 degree Thuban angle of Teotihuacan in the Valley of Mexico, indicating a date no more modern than 400 AD. The third yellow line on the right is the Thuban angle of 23.3 degrees of the Carmel King geoglyph, and unscientific indication of an age 625 years before Teotihuacan.

(9 degrees divided by 360, times 25,000 years, of full precessional spin). So this 23.3 Thuban angle of the Carmel King is at least 225 BC, and probably much older.

Carmel King in Carmel/Monterey California, without lines

Also note, the entire area, onshore and offshore shows major human habitation indicators. The surprise is that the concentrated developments in and around Carmel did not obscure the ancient figures that much, and are still visible. In fact, it appears that modern home developments wrapped around many of the large scale geoglyphs, preserving them without realizing they still exist.
Ed Ziomek

Next

Return to Fireside Forum