Seeking Information

This forum is for DesignCommunity forum suggestions and discussion of community administration issues. Post questions about forum posting guidelines here.

Seeking Information

Postby Cmassey3071 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 pm

I am a police officer in South Central Kentucky. I have been given the project planning for a new public safety complex. It will incorporate a police station, Training area, and fire station above grade, below grade the police station will house holding cells, evidence storage, s drive in sallyport, locker rooms and a fitness area. I have a rough set of drawings emphasis on rough. I am looking for some assistance in locating someone to take what I have in drawings and add design expertise to them to develop them into dimensional drawings and then blueprints. Unfortinuately, I don't have a lot of expertise in this area so I am seeking some input from folks who do this kind of thing for a living.

Any comments, insight, pointers, tips etc would be more then greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Ofc. Charles Massey
Tompkinsville Police Department
206 North Magnolia St.
Tompkinsville, KY 42167
(Cmassey3071@msn.com)
Cmassey3071

Postby svenglezz-ASMEIL » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Hello,

I sent you an email, I provide mechanical and electrical cad services and ASMEIL services.

Need any help, just buzz,
Sven
svenglezz-ASMEIL

suggestions

Postby iphaxor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 am

i would suggest using autocad or rhino
not that hard to learn
iphaxor

Postby jde » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Yes, autocad is really good, and not too hard to work with either.
jde

Postby nanrehvasconez » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Are you impersonating Barney Fife, your superior must be ignorant in what it takes to design a Police Safety Complex-Police Station.

The construction codes alone are dificult to apply for a proffesional architect, and even if you are a genious nerd, lerning auto cad is dificult.

AutoCAD and similar programs do not design anything, they are a modern tool equivalent to pencils and erasers we use to use 40 years ago.

You should have a contest among intersted architects to design your complex and save everyone the chagrin and agravation of you designig something you do not know.
nanrehvasconez

Postby Cmassey3071 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:25 pm

nanrehvasconez wrote:Are you impersonating Barney Fife, your superior must be ignorant in what it takes to design a Police Safety Complex-Police Station.

The construction codes alone are dificult to apply for a proffesional architect, and even if you are a genious nerd, lerning auto cad is dificult.

AutoCAD and similar programs do not design anything, they are a modern tool equivalent to pencils and erasers we use to use 40 years ago.

You should have a contest among intersted architects to design your complex and save everyone the chagrin and agravation of you designig something you do not know.

You obiviously didn't read my post completely. I never professed to have the training knowledge or expertise to perform such a task. I was simply seeking information on finding someone who does have the expertise to take what needs we have and aid us in the design and planning phase of our project.

As for auto cad being difficult, I am sure it must be. I'd bet it is probably as difficult as your ability to use proper grammer and also spell check.

I thank those of you who responded to my inquiry and appreciate your input.

Mr. or Ms. Nanrehvasconez, whomever you are you must obiviously have some issues with persons in the law enforcement profession. So I might suggest the next time you need the services of a law enforcement officer you call your local drug dealer maybe they will be more receptive to your wit and banter.
Cmassey3071

Postby nanrehvasconez » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Tell sheriff Taylor to hire an A R C H I T E C T, you keep on giving tra phic tik itss.
nanrehvasconez

Postby Cmassey3071 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 am

I'm actually amazed, You must be a butcher as you spelling and grammer are always being butchered.

I hear your village called and they for reasons known only to then want their idiot back. So please do us all a favor and oblige them.
Cmassey3071

Postby Cmassey3071 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 am

I'm actually amazed, You must be a butcher as you spelling and grammer are always being butchered.

I hear your village called and they for reasons known only to them want their idiot back. So please do us all a favor and oblige them.
Cmassey3071

Postby nanrehvasconez » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm

grammer

Washington State Universi...
Owner : www.wsu.edu
Ranking : 10009 - Medium

What is this?
It’s amazing how many people write to thank me for helping them with their “ grammer.” It’s “grammar.” The word is often incorrectly used to label patterns ...

Is Goover working the gas station? If you see him please say hello for me.
nanrehvasconez

Return to DesignCommunity Discussion