Kitchen Paint Color help!!

Discuss all kinds of home design and building, residential remodeling, and related topics.

Kitchen Paint Color help!!

Postby jeremycafe » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:41 pm

I need help decided what color to pain my kitchen walls! Any suggestions? Feel free to reference sherwin williams (http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/) colors as that is where I plan to purchase my pain.

See attachment for photo of my kitchen.

Thank you!
Attachments
O4880753_201_18.jpg
Kitchen
jeremycafe

beige/creme

Postby aierina marina » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:26 pm

in my opinion,light cream color on the wall and colored beige (darker than cream) on the window side wall...it shows colour blend..also that colour make ur kitchen looks wide!
aierina marina

Kitchen Color help!!

Postby austinpieterson » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:20 am

jeremycafe wrote:I need help decided what color to pain my kitchen walls! Any suggestions? Feel free to reference sherwin williams (http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/) colors as that is where I plan to purchase my pain.

See attachment for photo of my kitchen.

Thank you!

Hi Jeremy,
As Kitchen is place of smock and sticky. So Instead of painting color it's better to choose wall tiles. That could be more convenient and durable. It's looks better as well as durable.

Regards
paints
austinpieterson

Postby Samentha » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:27 pm

I finished a project not too long ago in a similar cabinet finish as yours and we used Green Tea - part of Behr Interior Collection. Since your cabients give off brown/red tones you could choose to "keep it in the family" and paint your walls in those shades (copper, crimson, nutmeg). Or, you can choose to go across the color wheel and use a complementary hue - like the Green Tea.

Good luck!

www.interior4m.com
Samentha

Color Help !!

Postby austinpieterson » Sat May 02, 2009 2:11 am

Hi Samentha,

As the furniture of Jeremy are brown and your are recommending to use similar shades like copper, crimson, nutmeg. don't you think the whole living area will appear too dark. And after some days it seems to be boring, so variations in color will be help a lot.

Regards
Austin
paints
austinpieterson

Postby Samentha » Tue May 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Austin,

Actually my first suggestion was Green Tea. But, done the right way tone on tone can be very appealing. Of course, you would need accent colors through tile, accessories, etc. People are afraid of things being dark so we end up with beige everywhere. Ralph Lauren makes beautiful metallic based paints in the hues I mentioned earlier. This couple with glass tile would look great.

Samentha
Samentha

Postby austinpieterson » Thu May 21, 2009 2:40 am

Hi Samentha,

Your post seems to be very interesting. I wish if i could watch pics of your house interiors. Anyways, world is dynamic, it keeps on changing trends. So your house interiors will help other lot , while decorating their house.

Regards
Austin
trend colours
austinpieterson

Re: Kitchen Paint Color help!!

Postby dytecture » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:34 pm

I think a blue-ish grey color would provide a nice balance to the kitchen.
Attachments
jeremycafe-Kit Color DY.jpg
Kitchen Color
dytecture

Re: Kitchen Paint Color help!!

Postby april_luv » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 am

Color use is important to us personally in our homes and in the places where we work.

Aluminum fence l Custom driveway gates
april_luv

Return to Residential Design and Building Forum