positioning a render in an existing area

Discuss 3D CAD and architectural software, and architectural rendering and design media-related topics. Moderated by the Artifice Customer Support Team.

positioning a render in an existing area

Postby baz88 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:07 am

When architects design a new building which is going to be built amongst exisiting buildings how do you render a drawing like that? I'm a student and i have a building which would be built in the city centre on the river bank with many other buildings to either side of it. I want to render the building but i also want the exisiting buildings to be present in my render if that makes sense. How do architects do that? Do you have to draw the existing buildings yourself which would take a very long time in the centy centre with buildings everywhere.

In the picture attached say that pointy building is my design and the little buildings around it are existing, in a render how do i position my building to make it look like it's already been built?
Attachments
PD7141171@The-Shard-by-Renzo-Pi-2605.jpg
baz88

Postby csintexas » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:27 am

This question might be better answered in the forum of whatever CAD software you are using but basically you would use photoshop are similar program to blend this image to a render of your building.
csintexas
millennium club

Postby changa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 am

First you need to choose correct angle and position for rendering. Better to use existing photo in as a background for correct positioning. Render your building with alpha channel to simplify further post pro. It's good to use panoramic images from the site (if possible) as an environment for correct lighting and reflections. And finally some photoshop.
I can help you with rendering and post pro. Find samples at www.changavision.com. Our Partner Program may be interesting for you as well - www.sample.changavision.com

Stanislav.
changa

Return to Architectural 3D CAD Discussion