Vectorworks+printing

Discuss 3D CAD and architectural software, and architectural rendering and design media-related topics. Moderated by the Artifice Customer Support Team.

Vectorworks+printing

Postby v » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:48 am

hello everyone
I am new to this forum and hope you can help.
I have problems having my A1 format Vectorworks drawings printed.
Our local printer does not support Vectorworks and so i have been creating pdf (export pdf (Quarz only) files and e-mailed them over.
The resulting prints are very unsatisfactory because all curves, especially dashed ones print angular, not smooth.
Does anyone know what I have done wrong?
thank you!
v

Postby chadowens » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm

you must be using an older version of vectorworks. I'm familiar with this problem. I think it got fixed in version 11? But I know version 12 through 12.5 fixed it, and vw 2008 definitely has it licked.
Converting vw files to pdf is a great way to have them printed, because everyone can print a pdf.
chadowens

Return to Architectural 3D CAD Discussion