3D underground home software reccommendation

Discuss 3D CAD and architectural software, and architectural rendering and design media-related topics. Moderated by the Artifice Customer Support Team.

3D underground home software reccommendation

Postby GH2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 pm

hello I am new to the forum I found your site when searching for 3d architectural home design software suggestions. I do have some experience with everything form excavation to concrete, elec, plumbing and even did some drafting of a few homes that where built back when I was in school and everything was still done with paper and pencil .....lol

I know that modern 3d software has great advantages and make some things much easier, if you find the correct software which is proving difficult for me, unfortunately they all seem to be directed at above ground homes and have no library tools for a underground home. I have a 3d home design version 8 its a nice program but not focusing on what I want to do , I have tried other 3d programs like rinho, max surf , carne, sloidworks etc etc for designing boats and prefer using maxsurf mostly but did like the soildworks feature of being able to split parts up and place on a 2D blueprint sheet
There are two main software features that I am looking for : first is to be able to calculate the load of earth on the roof say 15 to 20 feet deep for a given unsupported and supported span the second would be material estimate particular the amount of concrete yards and steel rebar along with rubberized tar membrane so if anyone could recommend a 3d software specifically for underground homes I would appreciate it very much :?:

I am not in a huge rush and know later I will probably have to have professional plans drawn to get building permits this is just to give me something to work off of for material cost and in general. My youngest son graduates high school in two years so between now and then I will search out west for the right piece of property obviously the home design may have to change somewhat depending on the actual property so that is another reason to wait for professional plans

I was really surprised that there where not more 3d programs directed at home design and are non that I have found directed at underground homes so I could really use some advise on what software to look for capable of doing what I want for a underground home that or somewhere to get a library to add to the home design software I have any suggestions please let me know :?:

GH2

Return to Architectural 3D CAD Discussion