Problems with Opening Tool in DW Lite

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Problems with Opening Tool in DW Lite

Postby bigblue666 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:06 pm

Hi folks,

Just started using DW Lite the other day, and I'm having occassional (ie, erratic) problems with the opening tool. For example, I created one opening (intended to be a window) in a wall, and duplicated the window opening three times. I then created a simple 3D box to fill in each window opening (using the Paste Into Opening function). I then made another opening in each 3D box to form the window frame. For whatever reason, I was unable to manipulate (ie, make another opening in) the 3D box that was inserted into the first window opening. I can't even select the original window opening, let alone resize/reshape/etc the 3D box within it. However, I had no problems with the duplicate window openings.

I've had this same problem when trying to make some other openings as well. Either I cannot make an opening in an object or even select an object to begin with, yet the object is still displayed on my screen. I've tried to select the objects in various views, but to no avail.

Running on Windows 2K.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Sarah Noce
bigblue666

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion