I like D.W.

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

I like D.W.

Postby Grey Glove » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:30 pm

I just thought I would mention how much I like the design workshop software for what I use it for. I tried a couple of free drawing programs for doing simple millwork drawings, I will often just draw the doors and a kick and trap them between a couple of walls, shade it and fax it to a prospective customer. The design workshop seemed so natural I didn't even bother with the others so I could be wrong thinking there is something easier, but I doubt it. The reviews say it is intuitive, I say its sublime. Every time I look for a quicker way to get there I find it. As an example sometimes when I calculate the size of the componets fitting into a specific space I end up with a decimal, at first I would try to figure out what the fraction was and then I thought put the decimal in the object info and sure enough I was going the long way. I try to challenge myself every drawing session and usually learn some shortcut. I don't know if I am using proper techiniques, most of what I draw is rectilinar so I usually go to a floor size that suits the project size, extrude one cube any size, place and size it and duplicate from there. More later, Greg
Grey Glove

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion