Manual Coordinate Entry

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Manual Coordinate Entry

Postby patmills » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:32 pm

I've found it very easy to use the Object Info window to allow me to enter exact coordinates for my massing models. However, if I want to modify a single point or wall, I don't seem to be able to enter those coordinates exactly, but have to do the best I can with the mouse.

Is there a way to manually enter the values when say raising the height of a single wall on a cube?

I'm using the Windows version of DW 1.8.

Thanks.
patmills

Postby Steel Shade » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:02 pm

Unfortunately manually entering numbers only works for whole objects in DW. I recommend using the snap setting and watching near the bottom of the window to see how far it is moving as you drag it. The Faces tool can be used to move one face independently from the rest of the object. By holding down the Ctrl key and space jumping to a point you can move a single vertex independently.

Also, the arrow keys will bump an object along one snap jump at a time.
Steel Shade

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion