How do you enter a specific length

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

How do you enter a specific length

Postby russab » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:52 am

I am a newbie using the design lite soiftware - I just want to enter a specific length for the walls I am drawing because I cant get the drag method to give me the accurate length I am looking for - it keeps dragging the weall to longer or shorter than I want....

what am I doing wrong please ?... :(
russab

On enterin a specific length

Postby cadpak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:56 pm

1 ) You can edit length, height, width and position (x,y,z coordinates) of any object or grouped objects in the "object info window" (if this window isn´t visible in the workspace go to the "layout" tab ant select "show objecjt info")

2 ) The reason you´re not getting the desired length when dragging may be that you´re woking with the snap grid on (> layout > snap grid), which IS useful for getting the desired dimmension but you may need to change the "snap grid spacing" (> layout > preferences > dimensions > snap grid spacing) to suit your needs.

Hope that helps,

Petur
cadpak

HI

Postby jackthomas » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:25 am

HI FOLKS ME TOO HAVE SOME TROUBLE IN DESIGN LITE SOFTWARE YOUR INFORMATION IS HELPED ME A LOT

WILL EXPECT SOME MORE INFO IN FUTURE

bpo services india
jackthomas

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion