Artifice Design Workshop Professional

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Artifice Design Workshop Professional

Postby moe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Dear all,

I am a construction PM for a general contractor, but I am getting more and more involved in real estate development. I am looking for a 3D-cad program that can generate buildings in an easy way for presentations, but it must be powerfull enough to cope with not only multiple story buildings (Appartments and office buildings) but also with multiple buildings (townplanning and large scale estates, + 400 units). My question is :?: : will Artifice DesignWorkshop Professional be able to do this? If not, can anybody make suggestions. Many thanks for any advice.
moe

DW for large scale city planning?: Yes

Postby cadpak » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:10 pm

...I see no one has replied and maybe you´ve found your answer by now but here goes:

I haven´t found any limitations so far to the number of buildings DW can handle: more complex your models are more powerful computers are needed
that´s all..

How deitailed are the models going to be ?
See (below) a low-resolution* rendering of a project I worked on briefly (only the 3D part)
with the existing and non modified buildings only represented as masses without deitail.. this is quite easy to achieve.

But then again Sketchup might suit your needs better
I just happen to personally prefer DW

* High resolution renderings are availqble at moderate prices at Render City for a monthly fee af 19$ and change..
Attachments
Havana planning  proposal TSB 2007.jpg
An architect graduation project (2007) by Therese Staal-Brekke city planner for the city of Oslo.
Modeled in Design Workshop Pro; renderned in Rendercity online
cadpak

Postby cadpak » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:22 pm

... The above example is courtesy and with the kind permission of
Mme Therese Staal-Brekke.
cadpak

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion