Mac or Windows

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Mac or Windows

Postby veren mitter » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 am

Hi!

Can anybody tell me that to use DW which OS is better, Windows or Mac and please also tell the right version...???

Thanx for your time guys!!
veren mitter

Postby bytesyze » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:57 am

FORGET about using DW on the MAC.
The new systems 10.5 Leopard and INTEL Macs can't run it.
Better stick with a WIN machine as that's all the DW will run on
unless you've got an old OS 9.0 Mac that's still around.
Sorry
bytesyze

Postby Antisthenes » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:39 pm

if you do get a mac load windows on it and for a joke you can also load osX on a pc.

http://wiki.osx86project.org
Antisthenes

Postby bytesyze » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:33 pm

TRUE, but if you're a MAC person, it seems an unfortunate necessity to get a old PC version on a Mac.

On the other hand, if you're a PC person, you're liable to so strange things anyway...
bytesyze

Postby Kevin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:03 pm

It's understandable that Apple decided not to continue to provide backward compatibility for PowerPC software on its great new Intel hardware and latest Mac OS versions.

But it creates a huge hardship for small software companies and their dedicated users. With Apple dropping support for a whole family of system functions which our software was built around, DesignWorkshop literally has to be rewritten from the ground up to run on Mac OS 1.5 and on Mac on Intel.

And of course when you're spending another million or two on a project like that, you're probably going to upgrade the whole thing along the way. Raising the funding as you go, it could virtually become an infinite project.

This real world of software and OSes presents us all with necessary tradeoffs. At least until I can find that magic wand I misplaced the other (year)...
Kevin
Site Admin

Postby GaryV » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:23 am

Kevin,

So does this mean us old-timers should no longer expect you to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat?

G
GaryV

Postby Antisthenes » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:58 pm

OT it sure doesn't mean adopt vista ;)

apple sure has its users by the ballz these days unlike MS where it seems the rats flee to liberation in droves every day
Antisthenes

Mac or Windows

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Windows XP and higher doesnt allow multiple users using the same machine. Youll need Microsoft Terminal Services. The one thats standard on XP and higher only allows administrative access, i.e. one user.

As for taking over your Mac, VNC only allows that same type of administrative access, i.e. one user at a time.

Re: Mac or Windows

Postby bas121 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I think on windows better than OS apple :D i guess so.
bas121

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion