Help with Dimensions and BOMs

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

Help with Dimensions and BOMs

Postby yvei_13 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:50 am

Help. I'm new to Design Workshop (Lite)

When there are several overlapping objects, I cannot select any but the first one created.

Help facility says I should be able to cycle through overlapping objects by pressing Shift or Alt key while left clicking on objects, thereby cycling through all that the arrow points at.

But for me, one and only one object, the first one, is selectable.

What am I doing wrong?

starwars free starwars mmorpg
mirrorpedia hellwars mmorpg
yvei_13

Postby David Owen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:13 pm

You should be able to cycle through objects from front-most backwards as described in the help file, in most cases.

You might have difficulty selecting objects that are positioned so that their faces align (eg, windows or doors pasted into object openings).

Anytime you have difficulty selecting an object that's in or behind another, simply hide the first object using the Arrange, Hide Objects menu command. In complex models, you might need to do this more than once before you can select the object you're after.
David Owen

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion