DW and Intel macs

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

DW and Intel macs

Postby roberto paredes » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:19 am

I have been running DW in OS 10.4.9 (G5) but we are looking at upgrading to Intel macs. How do you run DW on intel Macs?
Is this "the kiss of death" for DW?
roberto paredes

Kiss of DEath?

Postby bytesyze » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:24 am

Yes ROBERTO...

Time to change over to sketchUP
bytesyze

Postby roberto paredes » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:31 pm

I was hoping it wouldn't be the case. I have been fooling around with SK and find it is a little more time consuming (everything "sticks" and have to create lots of groups) but i guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. I'd say I'm still a beginner in SK whereas I considered myself fairly advanced in DW...
roberto paredes

Postby bytesyze » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:29 am

HANG IN THERE ROBERTO! YOU HAVE MUH MORE CONROL OVER THINGS THAN IN DW, PLUS YOU GET IMMEDIATE RENDERING OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING!
bytesyze

Postby GaryV » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:49 am

Hi Bob! Long time. My family just left Gallup today on their way home. I hope you are good.

Anyway, I just cannot get used to SU paradigm. I prefer the DW solid modeler. SU is easy, yes but the faces start popping off and disappearing etc. Everyone says the secret is to group but I am not so sure.

Not sure if DW will ever come to life again and sad if it does not. Tough to compete with SU as it is now on fire and they're the behemoth company. 'Course big and popular is not always the best solution...just look at ACAD!!

Time will tell although much time has ticked off quite silently....
GaryV

Postby bytesyze » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:07 am

GARY...

DON'T COMPARE SKP TO ACAD...

I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU HAVE FACES POPPING OFF. I'VE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS.
HANG TOUGH..
bytesyze

Postby GaryV » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:52 pm

Bob, I meant as "big and popular" companies now that Google bought them and there are many SU addicts . I did not mean their business philosophies or approaches.
GaryV

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion