To many readers and few wiriters

Discuss DesignWorkshop design-oriented 3D CAD and associated CAD and architectural rendering and design media topics. Moderated by the Artifice support team.

To many readers and few wiriters

Postby steffen » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:17 pm

Hi

I've been wondering a lot the last few days. Why are there so many readers and so few writers?? What about making the forum worth seeing? Without answers no discussion and suggestions. Just a hint...

B.R.
Stef
steffen

Postby bytesyze » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:14 am

It's probably because former loyal users are always checking back to
see if any progress had been made to update MAC version to latest OSX.
(At least that's why I'm here now...)

Plus, entry format is over complicated...
bytesyze

format

Postby Exclusive » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:15 pm

the entry format is easy whats the problem??
Exclusive

Postby David Owen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:09 pm

bytesyze wrote:Plus, entry format is over complicated...

Hi, Bob.

Although there are a lot more features in the newer DesignCommunity forum posting page than the old one, you can - I think - post pretty easily without having to use any of the new features, if you don't want to.

Of course, if there's anything about the newer system that doesn't make sense in some way, please let us know. We're always glad to receive feedback and questions.
David Owen

funny Bob, but true

Postby Andrea » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:47 pm

Its been a while since I've checked in here...but the reason is the same as Bob's...any work going on for an OSX version?
Thanks,
Andrea Starkey
Andrea

Viewers...

Postby roberto paredes » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:47 am

Same here. I check periodically to see if there are any OSX news...I am also beginning to have trouble exporting 3D files to ACAD 2006, sometimes it works, others it doesn't.
I typically do the rough model in DW and try to move it to ACAD to do prepare for rendering and refinement...
roberto paredes

Postby David Owen » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:15 pm

I am also beginning to have trouble exporting 3D files to ACAD 2006, sometimes it works, others it doesn't.

Roberto, we'll be glad to try to help with this, if you'd like to describe the behavior in greater detail.

DesignWorkshop's DXF exports are pretty rock-solid and have been proven with AutoCAD over many years. Of course, your results also depend on several factors outside of DesignWorkshop including how well the importing program handles all the possible DXF object types and settings used (if any) when importing the DXF file.

For the broadest compatibility, I'd suggest exporting from a Lights & Textures window using the File, Export 3D, DXF Model... command (that's the "Triangulated DXF Model" command for Mac users).

This command will by default export triangulated objects are the lowest common 3D object denominator. By changing the appropriate line in the dw.ini file, this command can be used to export model objects as other kinds of DXF standard 3D object types. For detailed information about working with the DW.ini file, see:

http://www.artifice.com/support/notes/dw_ini.html
David Owen

Postby G-dao » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:59 am

- blocked - - spam - posted by a moron -!
http://- spam - posted by a moron -.or ... ovie=67885
G-dao

Re: To many readers and few wiriters

Postby thinkseo123 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:04 pm

steffen wrote:Hi

I've been wondering a lot the last few days. Why are there so many readers and so few writers?? What about making the forum worth seeing? Without answers no discussion and suggestions. Just a hint...

B.R.
Stef

That is a very keen observation. People seem to enjoy reading what is going on than do the content writing. Like in plays, some are actors while others are audience. Well, the audience is always larger in number than the actors. Right?
thinkseo123

Postby cadpak » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:28 am

..I´ve been wondering too ... as to how many active DW users are out there anyway ??
(Personally I prefer DW / RenderCity renderings to Sketchup (which is different anywy) or other solutions I´ve tried I´m studing architecture in Paris where NO-ONE seems to have heard of Design Workshop ((normal perhaps, since they don´t like things that are not in their native language! ) but they ALL ask me what software I´m using..))
:)
cadpak

Return to DesignWorkshop Discussion