ARUP AGU (Advanced Geometry Unit) = academic robbery

Some conversations are really not meant - or shouldn't be meant - for the whole design community, even though they may be posted that way...

ARUP AGU (Advanced Geometry Unit) = academic robbery

Postby P.C. » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:12 am

Did Aarup just steal some poor artists work of his life --

Did this "great" firm just stuff a great new idear with academic frases and stole the intelectural property of the danish designer Per Corell ?

A few clues prove it proberly are so --- the Serpentine pavilion highly praised, even it was a sad piece of structural crap compared a worked thru and artistic created piece of 3D-H , --- small pieces fiddled together in a way that only proved how little feel and advanced hands-on creativity came out of "borrowing" a great structural idea, that at that time , allready had been promoted by it's creator on the web, for many years.

And even publicly displayed Aarup rob it to be able to sway grandious acadmic frases about all the good friends, all those invited to rob intelectural proberty, without bringing it further than a sad lookalike of a 3D-H such as the Serpentine Pavilion ; no further visions , no papers about what this mean in terms of production -- ofcaurse not they fail the deep knowleage and there are not one single word about the promises with a fact new method, while they just robbed the results and know nothing about the implications or even describe how they came to that. Grandious academic frases that could be braged about any computer generated structure, words that allready been worn out.

How could such a great firm who brag about exelent academic and theoretic achivement , not notised Per Corells thousands of postings, about this new structural issue , how was it possible to display such a bad build lookalike as the Serpentine Pavilion , without one single word of credit to the one who for years had been promoting the same method on the web --- but with a bit more technic knowleage and quite a lot more visions than just "thanking" all the great academics and programmers plus architects, who obviously all together just was able to do, what one man allready achived and published for years.

Now it is no secret that it is I, Per Corell who write these words ; and I am glad that just a simple search on the web will prove, that those architects, programmers, and architects that Asrup invite to "share" my work , those academics who Aarup point to in this article ;

Just look at the top corner picture -- _That is a 3D-H structure, it can only be a 3D-H structure, nothing else but a 3D-H structure look like that ---

http://www.thepowerstation.co.uk/projec ... tentid=101

Please compare with an article that is acturly written by Per Corell in a Chinese architecture magazin ;

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/h-3d/kineserier.jpg

---- and yet ,even this article are printed in both english and Chinese, Aarup have never complained about my intelectural property described in this text.

At the point when I started to promote this great new structural attitude , was not even close to develobing structural idears as 3D-H. I am glad to be able to prove hundreds of different structures , projected with a bit more hands on efficiency than any of these academics Aarup try crowd together , to rob an honest artist of his work of life.

I just wonder if Aarup did not have any computers that was able to reach the web, if all those academics, architects, and programmers mentioned in the academic praising , if not just one single of these people would have read just one single promotion of 3D-H made by the danish designer Per Corell. --- I mean that many years before the infamous Pseudo 3D-H copy named the "serpentine Pavilion" , quite simular structures have been promoted public on the web , how can it then be that in this article, Aarup do not mention Per Corell with a single word while mentioning many others , who never had a clue.

Guess Aarup are a "great" firm , -------- What a Great firm that must be ; I just wonder what computer monkey who found Per Corell's work on the web, and presented it to his boss "forgetting" the credit you shuld allow the creator of a great new visionary idea.

Anyway a few things make the difference --- "Aarup" seem more into bragging and feeding the academic inner circles than acturly develobing this great idea . Where I had papers published in a huge Chinese architectural magazin , describing the potential impac on production, on our perception of the structural issues, --- well the issues are so many that I rather point to the english text printed and published without one single complain from this great firm.

How "Great" shal you be to be a thief.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:09 pm

I just followed the links , to one of the academics Aarup uses to rob 3D-H ; now that they Do not advise an actural application to produce their offer about a digitaly manufactorable structural system ; and please understand how it must feel, to be able to prove good 3D-H building framework.

In the link I placed Aarup mention a lot of programmers, architects, designers and in particular Academics --- their result is not even a suggestion about a digital manufactoring method ,and here come the steal ; they use pictures of 3D-H structures to ilustrate this, they proberly even claim, that if you used the detail framework, as how it was used for the Pavilion , then Aarup could deliver a true visionary and clever building method.
Sadly no one seem to have told them, that this is not achived by robbing an honest working artist.

I am simply so anoyed on the behave of those architects and programmers --- those knowing the difficult new building technikes --- that Aarup mention support their thivery ; wonder if not just one of them, don't want his name mistreaded robbing an honest artist, who been publishing the same method Aarup develobed nothing ontop --- not before Per Corell published this revolution in digital manufactoring options --- see thives can't even work further on a good idea.

They Can't even Deliver , what they achived they robbed.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:19 pm

Just for the record, the Aarup bragging site ; why is it they brag about this thivery -- that I don't understand , wonder if all the academics mentioned like the idea, being in, on robbing some honest guy ;

asdadARUP AGU (Advanced Geometry Unit)
The Advanced Geometry Unit at Arup was set up in 2000 by Cecil Balmond, chairman of Arup’s European division, for the purpose of research and design into geometrically complex form and structure. The unit is situated within one of the London Building Engineering groups.

The mandate for the unit is to explore new organisational strategies based in the burgeoning field of new mathematics. The unit takes a specific interest in the use of algorithm, fractal mathematics, and non-linearity in structure. To achieve this end new digital software for both computer modelling (parametric and relational) as well as structural analysis (using both finite element numerical modelling and other techniques such as dynamic relaxation) form the working tools for developing geometrically complex non-linear design. The unit takes an interest in computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) in the realisation of these projects.

The work of the AGU involves intense collaboration with architects and artists, including Daniel Libeskind and Toyo Ito for the Serpentine Gallery Summer Pavilions in 2001 and 2002 respectively, Anish Kapoor for the Marsyas sculpture of the Unilever series at Tate Modern, and Shigeru Ban for the Forest Park Pavilion in St. Louis, Missouri. Each of these structures involves a unique exploration into phenomenon such as three dimensional bracing of interlocking planes, algorithm as a generative principle, buckling stability of flat plates, or manipulation of stressed skins to achieve sculptural form.

The AGU has six permanent members (1 architect, 3 engineers, 1 mathematician, 1 scientist), working on basic research and is connected to another 30 engineers working on specific projects in a wider virtual network. All of the permanent members have multi-disciplinary backgrounds either combining engineering with architecture, mathematics, physics or computer programming. Leadership of the group is in the hands of Charles Walker who is a chartered architect and chartered engineer.

The AGU is connected with a number of architectural schools through Cecil Balmond who is Saarinen visiting professor at Yale, and has run a speculative design studio at the Graduate School of Design, Harvard. In addition Charles Walker runs a Technical Dissertation Unit at the Bartlett School of Architecture and is a visiting lecturer at Imperial College in London . In future the AGU will develop more formal links with applied and speculative research in schools of architecture and engineering.

For more information visit their website: http://www.arup.com
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:25 pm

What about asking them for a sample of the program , that allow the use of all these features and theories all these academics proclaim ;

ARUP AGU (Advanced Geometry Unit)

This program or fantastic new method they picture with 3D-H pictures. Now I wonder if they mean 3D-H a method that is well described in hundreds documents, architect competitions, whatever a Designer want to use to prove his ownership, his discovery of a brand new method now, Aarup say this ask an army of academics, among those quite a lot of Aarup's own , I Per Corell who invented this method and gave it away free just for the credits say ; this ask only One person Me. So what aarup say is that Per Corell have the creative capasity of all Aarups pets.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby Kevin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Per, it sounds like you have issues you should try taking up with ARUP, not with us. DesignCommunity is not a court which can rule on the validity of your claims. And it is not seeming to "prosecute" one side of a grudge match when the other party is not present.

By way of a slightly different perspective - not that I can clearly tell much of what you're saying, which the simple respect of a spell checker might help with...

I think this installation at the Serpentine Gallery:

Food Theatre Cafe, Daniel Liesbkind, 2001
http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings ... _Cafe.html

Was quite marvelous.

And, not especially related to what you have presented in these forums about 3DH.
Kevin
Site Admin

Postby P.C. » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:35 am

No it is not Designcommunity I have a case with --- quite opposite Designcommunity have been my oppotunity to do the only thing a poor artist can do ; to publish and share .

In all Ipublished I have not been pointing to "me" , it have not been about promoting Per Corell and true --- I done so in simple words and allway's agrea that my language is not as good as it shuld be, but it is proberly becaurse I think my messeage is more important.

I also have no case against Liebskind , what I do is somthing quite differnt than what Liebskind do , ------ even I would say that Liebskind among others, would have profited quite a bit from the options I discovered and shared in 3D-H , acturly I know my role quite well , I am a designer offering new increadible possibilities and then you proberly understand my "anger" when seeing a great method spoiled fiddeling a so bad constructed structure as the Pavilion . Now I know about my lack of language abilities but please remember that I am not a writer , ---- the 3D-H and I have been an easy pray for Aarup since ,as I said, --- I am just a hard working poor artist with no social skills , guess many skilled artists have been easy pray among academics ,guess I am not the first artist robbed so ofcaurse I am glad that all Aarup can come up with is years after I started publishing 3D-H structures all over the web and in local danish architect contests .

So Designcommunity are a poor artists best friend , it is my best friend in this "fight" for my intelectural property --- a property that Aarup in a way agrea don't came easy ,while they needed an army of academics to "develob" what just one skilled artist could produce, --- before they even thought about it.

So my "case" rest with the honesty within architectural circles .

And the other Pavilions --- well except from this one that was a robbery just to be able to produce a spetacular ticket selling gadged , these other Pavilions was great , but not that one it was realy not somthing to brag about --- robbing a great idea they didn't understand, and was not able to develob further no.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:02 am

About the papers I had published in the Chinese architecture magazin ;

I know the english text can be a bit pedantic quite boring in a way.
But in those 5000 words I come around each and every tiny or important issue about not just 3D-H , but about so many important issues relating Architecture and new construction methods ; Aarup did no such thing ; it was not thousands of drawings, it was not sharing and explaining a great new idea, it was not in words describing the obvious solutions this encounter it was bragging , spetacular academic talk. A smooth robbery.

My 5000 words was the first that in fact described the technike, all other "descriptions" you see of lookalike structures deal with some architects previous work, and not this method --- acturly so little have been said about the actural technike that except tapping a few shoulders, I seem to be the only one with a detail knowleage and that article prove that.

And yea it is difficult to defend the work I spended 20 years or more to end up with --- but just the fact that it is an issue that ask quite a bit of knowleage and experience shuld also prove that develobing new technikes for the benefit of us all, is not somthing you do just overnight ; it ask hard work and sacrifices It did for me, and that is what I am protecting.

If Aarup had put together 5000 words and shared it ,if they havn't build an amaturish silli structure only to prove they don't even understand what they robbed, Gee --- remember what oppotunities there would have been, develobing a "building mass" calculated by a computer but no --- it seemed that important to hold it in the air with expensive spetacular frases.

-------- And how shuld they develob that grim Pavilion further, without it becoming a full fleched 3D-H .
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:25 am

----- Isn't it worth a thought, that what Aarup did ,was for a spetacular arts exebition and what I offered was cheap new strong houses, that the "reson" for me to develob a new building technike, was not to be able to confuse the arts critics into sky words about the emporors new clotches
That what Aarup hounted was spetacular art resulting in a useless building structure fiddled together with good will and bad technic knowleage --- where what I shared years before was a new building technike ,one that worked and worked different ,with computers.

--- And yes, I hope that my thousands of mails, thousands of pictures shared about 3D-H will do, that whan anyone mention Aarup, people will say " oh yes it is that firm who robbed some skilled scandinavian designer ,of that great idea".
P.C.
millennium club

An Interesting Post

Postby usarender » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:11 pm

I just saw this post and found it quite interesting. Am wondering if others since then have tried to lay a claim to this method and how designers of new structural systems are guaranteed the right to intellectual property in publishing their systems. Since you believe you have a case, it would be interesting to see how they would respond if they felt really challenged to prove they developed it on their own without consulting your system. It would be interesting to see how other designers and methods also have been cloned.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:29 am

I am quite sure it happen this way -- "it newer harm to suck up to the boss"

In big architect firms there are a fierce fight to become the pet cleark, Emagine you at your seat one day see a brilliant concet , just like that, ready to copy and paste , emagine how popular you will become by the boss.

Also when I was at the acadamy I learned how much thivery there are, if you can rob some other guy's design idear well, within architecture for some reson this is not compleatly allowed, but if a guy don't make sure no one can see the concept, --- well then it is bound to be robed.

My experience are, that there are very little genuine tallent, but a lot of young and older architects compleatly ready to "compensate" for their own lack of inspiration, in fact this work like that many places, ------ real new thinking or real skills in a group are usealy focused to one person and the social games often deal with making that person share or do the work.

My reson to share openly , are that once thought that sharing would bring that credit, that would come with services , --- what happened in all those projects where a designer "borrowed" the method was, that they realy didn't understand the method and only focused on the smart outlook, there are libories that originaly won the contest with a compleatly different look but soon changed into the 3dh looks in the surface, there are several designers who won contests on basic 3dh structures , where ,except my dislike just robbing the concept, would have hoped they had contacted, as their understanding brought a clumpsy structure , not nessery if you just understood and better develobed the method knowing it thruout.

But with these hate campains and constant poisoning, it became impossible to ask for the money to even ask for workshop and a few months rest and quiet at the states workshops, to make scale models --- with these campains here and in Archinect I couldn't add papers showing the positive response so I could fond money to build prototypes ; emagine I left a copy of "hi all you fancy graphics lovers" applying for the fonds artists usealy get for a promising project ( that's how it work here in Dk.) , --- so these clowns realy made it.

But as long as I can prove I was there first, and openly shared years before any of this site's pet Emporor architect firms, then they can't claim any rights.

Well with these fora's it is impossible to know, if one or several of the sad individuals who been poisoning each and every tread I made, was indeed one of those borrowing the concept and making money on it, --- but don't misunderstand me, it's not the money as if those clowns had allowed me my credit, well --- then there had been an income for me and my family and the prototypes to further develob the method. But they did it and they GLOW at the moment where I agreaed that they ruined just everything.
P.C.
millennium club

a matter of time

Postby usarender » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:21 pm

Well, if for some reason a great inventor were to become well known and popular then others don't stand a chance to lay any claim on his ideas. This is why many would try to squash the visionaries, to keep them out of the popular range. Then they can dis credit them an their ideas, and steal the same. So the idea is to get well know pc and once everyone knows who you are then nobody will be able to steal anything you have created. Even if they are stealing the concepts and visions now, the day a visionary becomes famous, these people will have a massive suit against them and stand no chance to claim authorship for the ideas you created. But, again, in todays world of chic designers, it is truly not so easy to become well known.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:00 am

What is even more "funny" is that they say this "great" firm has danish roots --- there it become even more typical . as all those grandiose words about "newthinking" "visionary thinkers" and whatever nonsense they try beauty themself ---- seem to be "Delivered" by clearks trying to lick up to the boss.

Not one single "thank you" from firms like that ,if you read the newspaper articles about this "great" form , then being one being robbed intelectural property for several of their spetacular exersises , allmost make you puke ; how fake to clotch yourself with borrowed feathers, brag about extravagante enginous old men, who would newer visualise more than what was discovered in the late 20' , who has to rob the intelectural property knowing Per Corell has very little possibility to protect his intelectural property, how sad thy fakely praise newthinking when their real "thinking" is as old as crime.
P.C.
millennium club

Light Years Ahead of 'em

Postby usarender » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:52 pm

Even some of Mr. Buckies ideas have been reproduced at full scale, without him being cited at times.

There is plenty of academic robbery of ideas out there.

Now, when the ideas come at a speed faster then they can rob or develop them, we have outwitted them. By the time they figure out what we are up to, we are light years ahead of them!

Now, some new ideas and developments, food for thought, fuel for the turbines of the future -->>

Magnetic Cancellation Theory -->>

http://www.designcommunity.com/forums/v ... 24#3266324

Basic notions of magnetic cancellation necessary for the new transportation systems of the future, and also energy generators to power our cities in space and our buildings of the future.

By Mr. Nelson

Architect, Inventor, Scientist, Visionary, Futurist, Artist, Mechanic, Poet, Writer, Researcher.

A world of possibilities power by global connectivity.

The Architecture of the Future at our doorstep.

Soon new architectural ideas to come, based on these new structural and energy systems.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:20 am

I do find it a weak argument to say like "well I -- we-- been robbed all the time ,so You simply has to conform to the order of things ; that while "we" been robbed and as "I" has been robbed many times, then You just has to accept that thives made Us rob you, while that is the order of things, as when we are robbed then you can be robbed by Us.

Sad exchouse but I heard it even from people who admid to have stolen without being able to point to what they been robbed. Emagine what would happen if it become right to rob intelectural property just becaurse thives "proved" that thives can do whatever they want, becaurse they themself had been robbed.
P.C.
millennium club

An extreme example you gave there

Postby usarender » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Hello Pc,

I am not saying that and it is an extreme example you are using....

"well everyone is robbed of ideas, so who cares if one more is robbed"

This is not how I intended to sound and is the idea taken to an extreme. Now, when it comes to intelligence, I am sure this is what happens in practice, as one country robes ideas of another, which in turns robs the ideas of the other and it continues as a viscious cycle. Or one scientists robs the ideas of the other and takes credit for his achievements, then the other in turn robs ideas, and it keeps going. In practice, I am sure this is what happens. This is why there exists something as intellectual property. If you have a way to prove it is yours, it is intellectual property and that is it.
usarender
millennium club

Next

Return to Echo Chamber