LEED CI

Questions, answers, and discussion specifically related to practical working issues with LEED and other robust green certification systems.

LEED CI

Postby mshields1162 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm working on a renovation to a 20,000 square foot space. the space is served by a very old, very inefficient Air Handling Unit which serves 200,000 square feet.

It is not in the budget to replace this old unit. We will be doing all new energy efficient lighting and other LEED good deeds. What I'm wondering about is the prerequisite in LEED CI (and all of the other standards for that matter) to meet ANSI 90.1 minimum energy requirements. I don't think I can meet that if I have to include the appropriate portion of this AHJ's energy to the space.

If this is true, am I out of luck as far as pursuing LEED certification?

Thanks,

Mike
mshields1162

Return to LEED and Green Certification Forum