EQ-8.2 - drawing the direct line of sight to perimeter glzg

Questions, answers, and discussion specifically related to practical working issues with LEED and other robust green certification systems.

Postby lizo_77 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:33 pm

I am analyzing a building plan and trying to figure out if we qualify for credit EQ 8.2.

Almost all the regularly occupied spaces have windows that comply with the 2'-6" - 7'-6" requirement for height. However, I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to draw on the plan.

figure 1 in the reference guide is unclear to me.

Can somebody explain?

Is it a safe assumption that a space with a window qualifies as a space that has access to views?

Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks!
lizo_77

Postby bharat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:30 am

You need to draw a line of sight as shown in the figure from the corners or edges of the walls of the rooms, in such a way that a person could view outside the window from the given space. If then the shaded area (area in which if anyone stands can view outside) constitutes 75% or more of the space - you could consider the entire space meeting credit criteria.
bharat

Postby lizo_77 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:38 am

thanks for the response.
I'll go ahead and hopefully what I've drawn is the correct representation.
lizo_77

Return to LEED and Green Certification Forum