Energy modelling VISUALDOE 4.0 software

Questions, answers, and discussion specifically related to practical working issues with LEED and other robust green certification systems.

Energy modelling VISUALDOE 4.0 software

Postby Ilaya » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:23 am

Hi frnds,
i m with leed consultant.working with energy modelling visualdoe 4.0 software, i have some queries as given below.please somebody can help me in sorting out this problems
project is for residential building,with this software the total building was divided into 5 blocks,66 systems & 58 zones(hope people working with this software could able to understand this).

1. When we want to make 2 or more system and if we need to assign certain number of zones to each system, how we can do with this software.

2. In HVAC SYSTEM EDITOR, how to assign 2-pipe fan coil unit for one system and Variable air Volume for another system. Also if we want to consider outside air with heat recovery how could it be incorporated when we keep the system as 2 pipe fan coil type, which is not showing heat recovery

3. In zones folder, outside air(fresh air) is given. If we want to keep the total outside air as input, is that we need to divide the total fresh air required for the building by number of conditioned zones.

if need any other details regarding our project please do let me know.

Thanks
ILAYA
Ilaya

Consult Expert

Postby M.P. Rao » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:32 am

You can contact Dr. Vishal Garg, Head-Green Building IT, Intl. Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India at vishal@iiit.net
M.P. Rao

Postby Kevin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:58 am

Great questions. I'm looking forward to having more detailed energy modeling discussion here, VisualDOE, EnergyPlus, Ecotect, Green Building Studio, etc. etc... It's a really vital area as far as ArchWeek is concerned.
Kevin
Site Admin

Postby anoop.dxb » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:38 am

Friends :D ,
whats ur opinion; which is the best available software for energy analysis & thermal modeling in complinace with LEED..? I'm having experience with VisualDOe and feels its a wonderful software. what about IES, TAS, Ecotect, EnergyPlus etc..? We would like to buy the best one..? Can i have your opinion please..!!

:o
anoop.dxb

Postby anoop.dxb » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:16 am

Ilaya,

I like to answer ur queries as follows:

1. In VisualDOE, each blocks are being treated as a system. So, while creating the blocks, take care of the zones you want to include in the system. You can have multiple systems on the single floor by creating multiple blocks in the same floor level. The wall coming in between these blocks can be assigned as partitions later in the Advance editor.

2. In HVAC system editor, we can assign different type to different systems directly. What's the difficulty there.? Regarding HRW for 2 pipe fan coils, u r right; there is no option given. I think what we can do is to go to advance ditor and assign Enthalpy recovery there. Hope it works.

3. I didn't understand this. can you explain your qstn plzz..
anoop.dxb

Postby pelanetioer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 am

Like anoop, I need a bit more details about your third point before I can give more feedback.
pelanetioer

Return to LEED and Green Certification Forum