Problem With PowerCadd 9.1.5 Saving Files as .bak

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Problem With PowerCadd 9.1.5 Saving Files as .bak

Postby BILLGORE » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 am

Has anyone had trouble with files sometimes Saving as .bak files and not actually saving current drawing changes?

For example we open a drawing file work on it, make changes and revisions, can tell it to save and everything seems normal. You close the file, and then when you go to that project folder open the file, none of your drawing revisions were saved, then you notice a file underneath it that has the same file name except it has a .bak file extension.

We are using the most current Powercadd 9.1.5, running OS X- 11.6 El Capitan.
It seems to be happening more and more in our office. Which means lots of wasted hours.

We are saving to Project folders, That are saved on a shared External Drive.

thanks,

Bill Gore
BILLGORE

Re: Problem With PowerCadd 9.1.5 Saving Files as .bak

Postby poolvibe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:19 am

I am thinking maybe one cant save if someone else has the file open? I always move the file to my desktop to edit, save, then move the file back to overwrite the file on the server.
poolvibe

Re: Problem With PowerCadd 9.1.5 Saving Files as .bak

Postby Alfred Scott » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:21 am

Bill,

I run into things like this all the time with various files. In my case, I get a warning that the file is already open or some similar permissions thing, in which case I do a save-as-and-rename. But I don’t deal with a server where perhaps you don’t get a warning.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Return to PowerCADD Discussion