Sierra

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Sierra

Postby poolvibe » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:34 am

Anyone running the Sierra Beta yet?
poolvibe

Re: Sierra

Postby Don MacNair » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:12 am

Not yet, I am usually an early adopter but I am a bit nervous this time around. I have been dealing with significant dwg issues since 9.1.4 with no resolution from ES. It would appear as AutoCadd and Revit evolve the translation process degrades. Not to mention the minor on-going issues with latest PoweCadd.
Don MacNair

Postby poolvibe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:48 am

It has been really quiet.... Makes me nervous..... Wondering if Todd is still working on things?
poolvibe

Postby Alfred Scott » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:19 am

We don't know of any problems yet with Sierra, but our experience has been that problems tend to show up in the field well after the official release of a new OS version. I also don't know of a single reason to be an early adopter so do yourself a favor and stick with El Capitan. If you're on an earlier version, then please move to El Capitan so we can all be on the same page.

Things have been quiet, but that period is now over, and we'll be very active over the next few months. The DWG translator is a top priority, and I've got something transformational going with dynamic vector tool icons that will completely change your feeling for the program.

We will be working on this today, with the goal of having high resolution icons on retina machines and eventually variable-size tool icons and not just small and large.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby patrickm » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:03 am

Thanks, Alfred!
patrickm

Postby Don MacNair » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Thank you Alfred! You're the man! As an early adopter, I thought I was one of the crazy, wild ones. I suppose it's true, with a bit of recklessness. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve. I am happy to hear the dwg issue is now a focus, it is really a bit buggy at the moment.

Thank you again.
Don MacNair

Postby poolvibe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:52 pm

The idea of variable size tool palettes is a dream come true. Will this include all of the attribute palettes etc? Symbol libraries? Just wondering...
poolvibe

Postby Alfred Scott » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:01 pm

On your iPad or computer, Go to

http://www.seqair.com/WildTools/Documentation/Docs.html

Download the documentation at the top of the list. This is recently updated and you can see the icons and tool palettes there.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby Alfred Scott » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:49 pm

There was a mixup on the copy of the documentation uploaded. It's now corrected, so please check back in and download a current copy. There you can see what the dynamic vector icons look like and how they update as you make changes.

I watched the Apple Keynote last night, including the gaming on the iPhone, which is not my thing, but the "music" at the end! The world has passed me by if this stuff is what is called music. I thought political campaign stuff was bad enough, but this! Sheesh!

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby patrickm » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:48 am

FYI --
Normally, before upgrading my OS, I make sure that two pieces of vital software work: PowerCADD and Quicken. I have been using Quicken 2007 and was concerned about its compatibility with Sierra. I had heard bad things about subsequent versions of Quicken, so I had stuck to Quicken 2007. Last week, Quicken 2017 was released. I read some reviews and people seemed to like it, soI upgraded. It imported all my old data without a glitch. The new format is different and might take a little while to get used to, but it seems as robust as Quicken 2007.

Once the PowerCADD coast is clear,I'll upgrade to Sierra.
patrickm

Postby strother » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

PatrickM - I have a PC with Windows for the sole purpose of using Quicken - which has my entire financial life history. I saw not long ago they now have a Mac version. Is that what you now use and like?

I upgraded my PowerCadd today to 9.1.5 in anticipation of upgrading to Sierra on Thursday. Alfred says it will work fine, as long as you upgrade PC first.
strother

Postby patrickm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 am

strother wrote:PatrickM - I have a PC with Windows for the sole purpose of using Quicken - which has my entire financial life history. I saw not long ago they now have a Mac version. Is that what you now use and like?

I upgraded my PowerCadd today to 9.1.5 in anticipation of upgrading to Sierra on Thursday. Alfred says it will work fine, as long as you upgrade PC first.

Yes, be been using Quicken 2017 for 10 months and it seems more or less fine. It doesn't figure out loan amortizations and the way investment reports are lacking, but the rest works well. Also, the new owners seem committed to their product, and have added features since I bought it. I assume they will continue to improve it and add the missing loan/investment features at some point.
patrickm

Postby patrickm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:23 am

I just looked at Quicken's website, and they may have already added these features (but I've been too busy working to notice).
patrickm

Postby phansford » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:59 am

PatrickM - are you using Quicken or Quick Books Pro? I need to upgrade from Quick Books Pro (2006?).... Does Quicken 2017 do the same as Quick Books Pro. I just need something to do simple accounting.... and print out Tax Schedule C and 1099 at the end of the year.

I've been keep an old powerbook alive just for that program and to convert old Appleworks files.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
phansford
millennium club

Postby patrickm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:01 am

I use Quicken, not Quickbooks. I know nothing about Quickbooks.
patrickm

Next

Return to PowerCADD Discussion