PC Crashing without reason

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

PC Crashing without reason

Postby phansford » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 pm

A recent occurrence...... but multiple times.

PC is just crashes... closes.

It seemed when I was using the Multi Trim/Extend.... but just did it when I was copying items from layer to layer after a fence cut. And it not like it happens right after the fence cut.... and only if I have used the Multi Trim two or three times to clean up some line work.

I'm running PC 9.1.4 (Build PB22)
Late 2015 iMac Retina 5K
3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
El Capitan - 10.11.6
(this is my main machine..... and I have not changed a thing since having it. )

Also happens on my 15" MacBook Pro (2009)
PC 9.1.5 (Build QC15)
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
6 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Yosemite - 10.10.5
(This is my out of office machine.... was my son's - prefect machine for field work... and I use it when I teach or lecture)
phansford
millennium club

Re: PC Crashing without reason

Postby rdrnek » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:09 pm

New to my program today.. I can not change any fonts or type without the program crashing. It's crashed every time I try to edit my drawings. I am using MacOS High Sierra on a iMac, .32 ghz intel core i5. really need to fix this asap...
rdrnek

Postby patrickm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 pm

rdrnek wrote:New to my program today.. I can not change any fonts or type without the program crashing. It's crashed every time I try to edit my drawings. I am using MacOS High Sierra on a iMac, .32 ghz intel core i5. really need to fix this asap...

I had a similar problem when I used PC with High Sierra, so I downgraded back to Sierra and am productive again.
patrickm

Postby Paul H » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Regarding fonts crashing PC. After upgrading to High Sierra I'm not having the same problem. However, I've only started testing it. I've been waiting for other users to test the upgrade before I jumped in and there's so little info I decided to go for it and post what I've found. I've tested multiple older PCADD files between 5 - 35 Megs. No issues so far and if something comes up I'll post it.
Paul H

Postby Paul H » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:10 pm

For reference, here's the hardware spec's running current versions of PCADD and WildTools.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP133.0233.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.38f7
Paul H