Where is everybody?

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Re: Where is everybody?

Postby Joe Mattei » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:45 am

I thought it was fixed... I actually connected to this forum three times in a row. WOW! Then, five times in a row I got the Death Message. I feel like I should say something since I was able to connect. How about, "Have a nice day!" :D
Joe Mattei

Postby David Jones » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 pm

This is the first time I have been able to access the forum since early February. I am looking forward to the new server. I think accessibility is the main reason for not much discussion. I am not sure if me being in Australia has anything to do with it. Earlier, accessibility was never a problem.
Perhaps President Trump is responsible!
David Jones
David Jones

Postby Rob C » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:49 am

Wow! Actually got on. What can I say, I'd love to see a better working forum too.

Alfred, maybe any more serious discussion about SketchUp integration should be direct, and not dependent on getting onto this forum.

If anybody want so to see some SketchUp work work, here are a couple examples, but I don't have examples right this second of what stuff looks like brought back into PowerCADD:

https://robertcoolidge.smugmug.com/Arch ... ily-House/
https://robertcoolidge.smugmug.com/Arch ... ent-for-a/
Rob C

Postby Joe Mattei » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:20 am

Good morning! I must say... since this website has started working on a regular and consistent basis I expected a flood of pent-up comments and suggestions, but it remains dead. Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well. Hamlet: Act 5, Scene 1, Page 8.
Joe Mattei

Postby pbacot » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm at home. :P
pbacot
millennium club

Postby pbacot » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Hey, nice work, Rob! I am generally doing exterior elevations with SketchUp and LayOut these days, but I take a LayOut pdf and put it in PowerCADD because the tools for annotating and finishing are so much better in PCADD. One can make the LO pdf a Reference, but because LO doesn't have a consistent output naming for pages, it takes a little more effort each update.
pbacot
millennium club

Postby Yodarick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:01 pm

So Alfred is working on a PCadd to Sketchup translator, how awesome is that. These two are my mainstay, I've been using .dwg files to go to SU from PC.

I want to say as a long time user, 27 years now, and still working at 72, PowerCadd is my tool everyday, I can not say enough about the beauty of this program. Yes I have some minor complaints but they are minor.

This is my one major complaint, which I have previously asked Todd to change. When importing a new file like a dwg, it opens in PC with the default of having the grids showing and having the snap to grid on. In 27 years of using this program I have never used the snap or needed the grids on. It involves two extra steps every time I open a dwg file or other import like pdf.

PLEASE TODD CAN YOU MAKE THIS SIMPLE CHANGE?
Yodarick

Postby huc » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Yodarick wrote:This is my one major complaint, which I have previously asked Todd to change. When importing a new file like a dwg, it opens in PC with the default of having the grids showing and having the snap to grid on. In 27 years of using this program I have never used the snap or needed the grids on. It involves two extra steps every time I open a dwg file or other import like pdf.

Hint: Save a custom stationery file with Grid Snap = off and Gridlines = Off into the PowerCADD Application Folder > Stationery

Next time you open a DWG file (e.g. double click to open in desktop) you'll see the PowerCADD stationery dialog box. Choose the custom stationery and you'll get the desired result of Grid snap = off, gridlines = off

I've been doing that for a long time as I typically have custom line weights and other settings I prefer to start a drawing with.

Hope that helps
huc

Postby Yodarick » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Yodarick wrote:Hint: Save a custom stationery file with Grid Snap = off and Gridlines = Off into the PowerCADD Application Folder > Stationery

Thank you for such a simple solution, I have used custom stationary for my drawing files but had not thought of this.

Many thanks :)
Yodarick

Postby sgladfelter » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm

I once checked this site weekly, at least. When it became crippled, I stopped and haven't looked at it in 6 months. Will start lurking again! I'd hate to see the discussion forum moved to reddit or someplace else.
sgladfelter

Postby patrickm » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 am

I don't check it as often using a browser, but I have been monitoring it using Shrook (a RSS reader app) so that I can easily see when someone posts.
patrickm

Previous

Return to PowerCADD Discussion