Bamboo flooring VS bamboo colored laminate flooring

Forum for users, specifiers, and manufacturers of building and construction products. NO SALES OFFERS - use the Classifieds and marketplace forums for sales.

Bamboo flooring VS bamboo colored laminate flooring

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 am

Now there is a kind of laminate flooring with bamboo color(L). And it looks like bamboo flooring(B) very much. But both of them have their own advantages.

1. Price
L is much cheaper than B. L is mainly made up of high density fiber board instead of hardwood. So its price is much lower.

2. Color
The color of bamboo colored laminate flooring(L) is from the decorative paper which is imitated from the real bamboo flooring(B) with computer. The color of L is usually vertical natural or carbonized in vertical direction. Anyway it can’t be as vivid as the real color of B. And B offers many other looks with strand woven and stained types. The stain type offers various looks due to the different types of lacquer and paint technology.

3. Dimension
The size of bamboo laminate flooring is usually 1213*193*8.3mm and 1213*193*12.3mm. And the size of B is usually 960*96*15mm. So it is easy to recognize the real B with the dimension if you are familiar with bamboo flooring.

4. Foot feel
The foot feel of B is much better than that of L even L is 12mm thick or with attached underlay. L is mainly made up of high density fiber board. People feel hard when stepping on it. And there is some noise when people walk on it as it is of a “floating” type. B is usually 14 or 15mm thick. And it is mainly made up of bamboo strips. So it offers better foot feel and thus make house more valuable.

Besides, laminate flooring is much more abrasion resistant as its first layer is mainly made up of alumina which is main material of diamond. But bamboo flooring contains less formaldehyde.
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 07, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eddydarmawan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:09 am

i have many bad experience with laminated flooring.
it will damage by water,
eddydarmawan

Postby chrisrich » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Salutations!

Really good information in your post thank you! I have been slowly converting everything I can to bamboo products. I did come across an excellent resource for bamboo products for the home. They have almost everything you could want!

Not only is it beautiful and relaxing to have in the home but it just "makes sense" to me. I hope that all new building will use this totally green and sustainable, renewable resource.
chrisrich

Return to Building Products and Specifications Discussion