Straw Bale Construction Workshop Schedule for 2009

Discuss green building, sustainable design, planning, and construction, climate change mitigation and adaptation, ecologically sensitive and triple-bottom-line performance all across the built environment.

Straw Bale Construction Workshop Schedule for 2009

Postby StrawBaleBuilder » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Greetings. My name is Andrew Morrison and I would like to announce my workshop schedule for 2009. I have been teaching straw bale construction for years. I am best known around the world for my work with www.StrawBale.com. If you have any interest in straw bale construction, I strongly recommend that you participate in one of my intensive seven day workshops. Please visit www.StrawBaleWorkshops.com for more information on the workshops or to sign up today. I have attached a small description and the dates for my workshops below. Thanks in advance and I hope to see you this year!

Seven Day Intensive Straw Bale Construction Workshop

In just seven days, I will teach you the tips and techniques I have developed over my years building custom straw bale homes. We will cover everything from the basics of purchasing bales to the techniques of applying plaster. The hands on activities, constant reflection and "on the fly" discussions, will allow you to leave the workshop fully equipped and confident with the construction of your own straw bale building. In addition to the work, friendships with like minded folks help enhance the overall experience. Space is limited. For more information or to sign up today, please visit www.StrawBaleWorkshops.com.

May 11-17 Williams, Oregon
June 15-21 Willow Creek, California
July 6-12 Florence, Oregon
August 10-16 Scipio Center, New York
September 7-13 Grants, New Mexico

3 Day Natural Hydraulic Lime Plastering Workshop

In three days, I will teach you how to plaster with Natural Hydraulic Lime (NHL). You will learn everything you need to know about plastering with NHL including: plaster preparation, scratch coat application, brown coat application, and finish coat application. Three separate buildings will allow for all three coats to be applied in only 3 days. This is a rare opportunity to learn all three coats in a short time period. As always, friendships with like minded folks help enhance the overall experience. Space is limited. For more information or to sign up today, please visit www.StrawBaleWorkshops.com.

May 29-31 Jacksonville, Oregon

You can learn more about the workshops or sign up at www.StrawBaleWorkshops.com or you can reach me directly at Andrew@StrawBaleWorkshops.com.
StrawBaleBuilder

Return to Green Building & Climate Forum