help: green building material certification systems

Discuss green building, sustainable design, planning, and construction, climate change mitigation and adaptation, ecologically sensitive and triple-bottom-line performance all across the built environment.

help: green building material certification systems

Postby plieng » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:48 pm

hi,guys~! i am new around here, and very interested in green building and sustainability. any communication on it would be expected with you guys!
today could you please tell me some messages on green building material certification systems in USA? i've learned some about chinese green building material certification systems. so any help would be much appriciated.
cheers!
plieng

Postby Antisthenes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:17 pm

what are the Chinese doing?

it is all prescriptive here.
Antisthenes

Postby plieng » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 pm

sorry, i donot get what you said here.
could you speak it again, clearly?
i am really looking forward to know green building material certification systems.
plieng

Postby Antisthenes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:32 pm

In China what are the 'green' guidelines?
Antisthenes

Postby plieng » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 pm

ok, i got it!
currently, there are so many certification systems concerning building materials in china, where three ones are commonly accepted as follows:
1. ten rings type i & ii, issued by SEPA
2. environment-preferable and fire-resistant system, that has higher requirements for building materials and it is not an easy job for a facility to obtain it.
3. green building material systems

the previous metioned is not available in english for use now. some experienced professionals think building materiasl, well in compliance with GB 18680~18688 and GB 6566, can be employed in green buildings.
this is simple messages on green building materials for reference.
plieng

Postby XIONG1 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:38 am

Ditto here~!
I support your point of view 。
XIONG1

Postby joelmckellar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:07 pm

This article from Environmental Building News is the best description of the various material rating systems that I've seen, though you'll need a subscription to access the full article.

Joel
joelmckellar

Postby 166kristina » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:57 pm

I can recommend the site below for green building as they adhere to all the standards and have relevant info about the standard themselves on the website- UK though.

Hope it's useful.

http://www.optimasystems.com/glass-wall-sustainable.php
166kristina

Return to Green Building & Climate Forum