Bamboo Modular House Project

Discuss building construction, tools and equipment, management, and logistics. Examples and "war stories" appreciated!

Bamboo Modular House Project

Postby tamsin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:43 pm

I'm currently working on modular housing utilising the abundant bamboo here.

No problems with having panels made, but need to source 'connectors' for the various components (walls/ceilings etc) which must of course be as strong and as unobtrusive to the overall design as possible.

Could anyone please help? Thankyou.
tamsin

BAmboo hardwood floor

Postby stairs » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:15 am

I think you know about babmoo floor , you can get strand bamboo floor called woven sometimes very hard product, very nice.
Try plyboo this is a company located in SAn FRancisco bay area they have bamboo plywood, big shits, flooring a lot of bamboo products you can build a lot of things from.

check out my hardwood floor

hardwood floor hawaii
hardwood floors hawaii
hardwood flooring hawaii
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stairs

joining bamboos

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:25 pm

There are several methods to connect the bamboos together; like using various joinery techniques with twines, ropes, vines and elastic bonds; thanks.

Return to Construction Forum