ArchWeek - Perforated Metal

Discuss building construction, tools and equipment, management, and logistics. Examples and "war stories" appreciated!

ArchWeek - Perforated Metal

Postby Kevin Matthews » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:21 am

<i>This forum thread is for discussion of the <a href="http://www.ArchitectureWeek.com/today.html">ArchitectureWeek</a> article:</i><br>
<p>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript src="http://www.ArchitectureWeek.com/2006/0920/building_1-1.float.js">
</SCRIPT>
Kevin Matthews

Postby P.C. » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:46 am

"From a distance, the perforations look slightly darker than the metal surfaces. The holes do not reflect light back to the viewer so they tend to darken the overall surface appearance. When light from behind is allowed to show through, the holes tend to lighten the surface appearance."

But this is not the whole truth --- fact is that with say two layers of perforated sheet , and light behind , a sort of inteference pattern show. Turning one layer of perforated sheet according to the other acturly produce sort od "inteference pattern" when light is thriwn thru the two layers.

Ofcaurse when a perforated sheet show -- hole,no hole,hole no hole aso X and Y vise , then if you place one simular sheet ontop you can move one sheet just slightly and the holes in one are covered by no hole in the other sheet ; moving it slightly again will open for the light to pass both holes in each layer ---- but this is not as interesting as when you turn one of the sheets ; that is when the pattern show ,and that pattern will change when you distance the two layers from each other .

Now some of the recent effects shown in the Silver Screen Galleri profit from this quite exiting effect ----- moving and twisting one layer of perforated alu sheet sort of entlargen the "holes" ; the pattern act as an vitural microscope , I know this is ilusions but realy it add an extra dimension to projected pictures, --- and in bigger scale it will act quite impressive ,when pattern details sort of continue in logic patterns down or up infinity as how I can see it work with projected light., --- just wanted to add this exiting fact about how perforated sheets work hands-on , try put some light behind two layers you be surprised; I realy suggest anyone who are looking for some real impressive display to buy just two small pieces of micro perforated Alu sheets , you can find these as model building in most shops where architects find their materials , but it is not before you cover one sheet with another turn one, and direct the light thru these, that these ilusions show.
P.C.
millennium club

Perforated products provide many benefits

Postby tke852 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:10 pm

The availability of steel, aluminum, stainless steel or plastic and the choice of perforated patterns and percentage of open area increases the number of projects that perforated material is the right product to use.

Perforations not only reduce the weight of the material, but also permit you to control the airflow, amount of visibility and sound levels at a location.

Perforated products can be used in:
Railings
Screens
Grilles
Sun shades
Fence
Custom Projects

Many Companies produce perforated products

Here is a site with a lot of photos of perforated projects, as well as other interesting things
tke852

Postby fherry » Sun May 03, 2009 1:39 am

Image on Perforated metal Project is an innovative thing and full of potential.

If you want to make your own perforated metal pattern design based on your own image, you can try Image2Punch.

Please visit www.image2punch.com if you want to know how to generate perforated metal pattern based on your image for your architectural project.

best regards,

Fransiscus Herry
www.image2punch.com
fherry

Postby forster » Sat May 09, 2009 2:21 am

Thanks, fherry, for the info on that software. Perforated designs, especially in stainless steel kitchens, are a bit hit with customers. i'm hoping i can get a free demo license or some way to test the software first.

------------------------------------------
forster

Postby fherry » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi Forster,

I would be glad if you want to try the software for perforated metal project. Please visit the website on www.image2punch.com. for getting the demo software which can be used to generated 2000 holes for your image design.

Image2Punch Pro is currently at version 2.3 and will release its 3.0 version in the middle of 2010.

regards,

Fransiscus Herry
fherry

Postby stairs » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 pm

I am looking for a professional that knows a lot about concrete moisture.
Thanks
http://www.davincifloors.com/portfolio.htm
stairs

Return to Construction Forum