an estimate of what it costs to build a hotel in India

Discuss building construction, tools and equipment, management, and logistics. Examples and "war stories" appreciated!

an estimate of what it costs to build a hotel in India

Postby Ricki » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:15 am

Does anybody have an estimate of the building costs of a 3-4 star hotel in India. Approximately 60 rooms?

In Canada it costs around $60,000 CAD to build a midline hotel with 60 rooms. I'm wondering what the price difference would be in India.
Ricki

Re: an estimate of what it costs to build a hotel in India

Postby gabe448 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:02 am

Ricki wrote:Does anybody have an estimate of the building costs of a 3-4 star hotel in India. Approximately 60 rooms?

In Canada it costs around $60,000 CAD to build a midline hotel with 60 rooms. I'm wondering what the price difference would be in India.

My guess is that it would not cost much. India is a very poor country in 2002 one quater of the country was below the poverty line. Not much has changed. the only saving grace has been the companies that have built call centers to outsource customer service.

You could probably build the hotel for 100lbs of rice and 20 spam. But the question is... Why would you. Do people really want to vacation in india?

Just my thoughts..
gabe448

India- Rich ...In tradition,culture and growth.

Postby ashwinraman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:44 am

Well, To this I would say that a 3-4 Star Hotel with around 60 rooms would cost around INR 20,00,00,000 (20 Crores) 1 INR = 46$. So you can get an idea of the expense.

I was taken by suprise as to how ancient is the thinking of people who still consider India a poor nation.Well I am an Indian,an Architect and from an average income family. To tell you I am Happy. agreed that India will take time to generate more income form foriegn exchange but one has to realise that what India is seeing in the last 5 Years,the transformation,is what US took 20 years to come up with. The latest trends, most fasionable hotspots, hotels at par with the best in the world and to beat it you have the range of vacation climates with a fantastic variety in dialects and traditions.No other country in the world can give you all this under one roof.

The choice to make a classy hotel is both a profitable and servicable choice.

Let me know if you need any inputs regarding this and I'll be more than happy to provide you.

Best of luck!
Ashwin Raman
(An Architect from INDIA)
Last edited by ashwinraman on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashwinraman

Postby gabe448 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:26 am

I was taken by suprise as to how ancient is the thinking of people who still consider India a poor nation.Well I am an Indian,an Architect and from an average income family. To tell you I am Happy. agreed that India will take time to generate more income form foriegn exchange but one has to realise that what India is seeing in the last 5 Years,the transformation,is what US took 20 years to come up with

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I have worked with plenty of people in India and I only hear stories of poverty. That is why it is sooo tempting to outsource work to India. Outsourcing has been India’s saving grace. For work I sent to India, I made 5 times what I paid out. Is it wrong taking advantage the situation??? Maybe so. But when it is all said and done. India is better off with the money from outsourcers and the outsourcing company is wealthier, the people that are really hurt from this situation is the people form the country that the company is from. Sending work to India steals jobs from other countries. Many companies are finding out that consumers do not appreciate the outsourcing of jobs. I do not see large firms outsourcing very much longer. India is going to have to develop a more diverse foreign trade to grow.
gabe448

Postby olgat » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 am

Involving with major projects like Downtown Las Vegas Hotel or even with Cheap San Diego Hotel, the building cost for a 60 room hotel in India will not be much.
olgat

Postby stairs » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 pm

I do not know how much can hotel cost and never been to India but am sure if you get a good location you can make you hotel full. I am surprised how we focused on the poverty news that comes to us from everywhere. At first I thoutgh too , why would you build in India but India is a big destination for turist so this is not so bad idea, of course you will hear a lot of new about povetry but in this hotels will stay mostly turist from Europe , Us and read midle Eastern countries, maybe China.
One thing is risky , if you do not know how much it cost that means you do not know what is the reality over there, sure you might make money or fullfill your dream but in every developing country reality is sometimes hard and to make monay you have to kow the customs very wel, you have to know how people make buissnes, you have to know tricks, have ver very good friends that want to help you or work for you, no matter if you in China Africa or south america .Please be carefull and find somebody you can trust %100 , somebody who lives rigth in the town where you planning to build the hotel.

http://www.davincifloors.com
stairs

Return to Construction Forum