Blobular and Otherwise

For discussion of structural innovations ranging from 3D Honeycomb to genomic and self-generating formal systems. All welcome.

Postby P.C. » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:02 am

"Why cannot a building, blobular or otherwise, be both art (sculpture) AND architecture (science ?) ? I suppose we could say, still, that some buildings are more "sculptural" than others -- so the attempt to differentiate between them has validity."

Ofcaurse it can , but you think that the limitations are in your mind when it is in fact just the metology that from the start limit the result. Remember that Barouque was made by skills and materials ,today we think that just becaurse you can spark a recursive function to work within the limits in math. then _this will be the architecture of tomorrow when all it is , is the structure going berserk limited only by a few lines of code ; where in that attitude will you place the artist the craftsman knowing just His piece of tool ? ---- as that is what brought barouque Decor ; I think that today it would be wise to look closer to where it got lost --- wasn't it between Jugend and ArtDecor that it went "wrong" . Exactly when it became possible and the crafts xploded with possibilities ,when the Decor and form language had all possibilities then , with new methods and real mass production it turned from Barouque hands on skills and detail, to the limited expression of what the fabrication would allow. ---- Now today we acturly are there, that what was lost can be regained.

"One word I have not heard used, in conection with "blob" architecture (are Zaha Hadid's lightning-bolts really blobs, too ? I guess so. . .), "

Don't know about that, I don't know what "Zaha Hadid's lightning-bolts" are sorry, but I know that the Ordrupgaard appendic seem to have been a return into seeing the 3D ,as just a helping hand to produce the difficult formwork for meter thick bunker walls, ------

"is "Baroque." Is this perhaps "the New Baroque" ? Here in its entirety is the entry for "Baroque Architecture" in the Penguin Dictionary of Architecture [1966; Fleming, Honour and Pevsner]: "

Would it be without the detail and hands on creativity and without a clear form language, I don't think so. Will it even come unless archiotects stop handeling the computer as just an account ,as small isometric drawings on a screen and the screen as a substitude for paper no. You want to see Barouque then give it a chance, stop bending and fiddeling try master the new tools, then you will see.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Jeanneret , you ask a sad obsessed hatefull life yourself. I don't even need to feel sorry for you , doing the hate mails you do , you fill up your existance with your own poison. Anyone with your behaviour ,your obsessive mud throwing and displaying your innermost core guts --- traitor ,thief, lier obsessive class bullie ,your life must be a mess, I don't even need to write these words, anyone can see.
P.C.
millennium club

Return to New Structure Forum