new tropical innovations wanted.

For discussion of structural innovations ranging from 3D Honeycomb to genomic and self-generating formal systems. All welcome.

new tropical innovations wanted.

Postby limuel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 pm

I'm an architecture student. And next semester we're studying about Tropical Architecture. I wish to have more knowledge about this stuff since I live in a Tropical country (the Philippines). I want to know new technologies that can be applied to my design.Please help me. thanks. :)
limuel

Postby nanrehvasconez » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 pm

A VERY GOOD BOOK : Tropical Architecture: Critical Regionalism in the Age of Globalization (Paperback)
by Alexander Tzonis (Editor), Liane Lefaivre (Editor), Bruno Stagno (Editor)

"Next to the great ideological struggle between modernism and traditionalism, the conflict between regionalism and globalism has shape most social, political, economic and cultural debates..." (more)
Key Phrases: tropical city concept, arquitectura antillana, tropical architecture, Tay Kheng Soon, New York, Canal Zone (more...)

Other books are: Tropical Houses, Bali Houses, Sri Lanka Style, all from Amazon books, the used ones very affordable.
nanrehvasconez

Return to New Structure Forum