Round House Design Review Wanted

For discussion of structural innovations ranging from 3D Honeycomb to genomic and self-generating formal systems. All welcome.

Round House Design Review Wanted

Postby roatan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:07 am

Hi, I'm doing a Deltec home ( www.deltechomes.com ) since I live in a place where we get hurricanes once every 20 years. Would anyone care to give my plans a review?

thanks!
roatan

round home review

Postby structuralengineer » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:34 am

I am a licensed structural engineer if you need a review I may be able to help, I am licensed in many states including Florida

email structuralengineer@msn.com
structuralengineer

Postby roatan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Thanks so much for the offer of review. I am confident in the structure, but was looking more toward interior layout usability, if that is the right word. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my posting.
roatan

Postby mx2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:08 pm

why must they be "circular" out of curiosity? My issue with the round plans is always the problem of those funky corners you end up with. There's no way around it...(pun?)...but they're there

mx2.5
mx2
millennium club

Round!

Postby roatan » Sun May 18, 2008 10:11 pm

the reason for the apparent roundness (really, joined 8' sections) is that in hurricane winds, there is no long wall for the forces to push against and collapse the structure. The pressure is distributed across the entire structure. In 40 years, they've never had significant damage from high winds or even storm surge.
roatan

what about Pressure seal valve

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:52 am

Pressure seal gate valve is designed for high temperature, high pressure, services mainly encountered in nuclear and fossil fuel power plant. Compare with bolted bonnet valves, pressure seal gate valve is less complicated and can provide absolute excellent seal service with minimum maintenance.www.valvesupplier.net

Return to New Structure Forum