wind energy echoing

For discussion of structural innovations ranging from 3D Honeycomb to genomic and self-generating formal systems. All welcome.

The Structures of the Future I

Postby usarender » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:30 pm

Below is a very interesting link, related to this topic -->>

http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/

And our Project Liquid Universe -->>

The Gateway to the Sky

The Silver Screen of Architecture

THE NEW SILVER SCREEN OF ARCHITECTURE - Main Link

(To view the forum postings, just click on the blue letters above).
Last edited by usarender on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usarender
millennium club

Wind mill high or high-rise?

Postby TLWalkerAIA » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:02 am

I think I saw a high rise building with wind mills stuck all over it at the beginning of page one. If the wind is converted to mechanical energy a generator would produce current. If that energy production is substantial enough to compensate for the capitol resource & energy embodied in building such a contraption then it is worth the discussion. In my opinion, you would get more energy by using photovoltaics on the glazing system and save even more energy by deploying electrochromatic glass to reduce cooling costs. I am pretty sure about that actually.

Got a projection of the power generating capacity? Or was this proposed just for fun?
TLWalkerAIA

Postby P.C. » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:02 am

My suggestion is that it is suggested for fun.
It is easy to produce fancy graphics , intriging () , or interesting, inspiring , but not very off this world.

Still nomatter how nice graphics I wouldn't like to live there, but serious ; what is most productive , fantasy suggestions like this or striving for a decade to develob a new method.

Now things like these catch our eyes but the humble silent work for years, attacking the real problems , delivering a relevant solution to the real problems, now who would you think get the wind from behind and who get it to fight. I love suggestions like this, but they take away the focus from the real problems, that energy are much better gathered by solar panels, and we will not need seasickness pills to live there.
It remind me about the late 90's dull "pietzo-electric" cities in the sky, where the energy come from the building swaying in the wind, much theoretic inspiration but, but how I wish these graphic modelers and masters of modern solid modeling, would turn to real solutions and suggest a way to generate a building structure, instead of waiting for the engineers to invent the technikes to make this possible.

I agrea I am a different kind of designer, even I could call myself architect I do not, even I had the years and the projects to allow for that, I don't .
I don't becaurse I think a much more humble attitude is what will bring the real changes, --- these pictures are allready old soon forgotten, then what will be the next spetacular theoretic concept ; and wouldn't it be better to develob something real, something that work ?
P.C.
millennium club

Photovoltaics in Architecture

Postby usarender » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:19 pm

On this site -->>

http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/695/

The The Pearl River Tower, Guangzhou, China makes an interesting use of photovoltaics and wind as a source of green energy. This is a much more efficient way then to create a moving building, in my opinion.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:42 pm

What they need is building core.
P.C.
millennium club

A Pearl Core Needed

Postby usarender » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:48 pm

They don't need a Pearl River, they need a Pearl Core structure.

:D

Now, a topic of concern to all -->>

Uncle sam and private enterprise is spying on you.

Soon all you do will be under their control -->>
(Posted on the news approximately ONE MONTH before we posted our main thread on this site design community -->>

http://www.theregister.com/2007/06/23/sentient_worlds/

"The DOD is developing a parallel to Planet Earth, with billions of individual "nodes" to reflect every man, woman, and child this side of the dividing line between reality and AR."

"Called the Sentient World Simulation (SWS), it will be a "synthetic mirror of the real world with automated continuous calibration with respect to current real-world information", according to a concept paper for the project."

http://www.simulexinc.com/products/case_studies/

"SWS also replicates financial institutions, utilities, media outlets, and street corner shops. By applying theories of economics and human psychology, its developers believe they can predict how individuals and mobs will respond to various stressors.

Uncle sam claims they are doing tests on statistical analysis, for strategic planning, for scenarios of the future, geographic analysis and the like, but the true goal is ultimate global integration and control under a government controlled system. They will know everything about who you are, where you are and what you do. If we do not make this effort to bring this into the public domain and universal quickly, the result will be dire for all.

The answer, Project Liquid Universe.

Why allow the uncle sam, the DOD, private interest groups, and private companies spy on everything you do, from your personal, to your business, to your corporate life ? If is high time we globally unite in this project, and remove this data from private or government interest groups and keep it where it belongs - in the free public domain !

BORN, PROJECT LIQUID UNIVERSE
. The power of global connectivity.

Now there are those who think this does not concern us as architects and designers ? It is high time we join forces and create the future together, including the architecture of the future.

This is all what project Liquid Universe is about and has been about since the beginning. We seek to create this exact same type DOD SWS system and the various Simulex Case study types projects within the PUBLIC DOMAIN, where they should be. Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, unite with us! Why allow one government and one company to set the stage for the future? It is high time we bring this into the public domain, where it belongs.

Together, as one voice, we need to request our politicians and leaders to open this information and these projects to public access! Why hand these projects over to one single company, to monopolize, control this information and thus monopolize the future of humanity? Whether you agree or not, either we do this together, or government and single companies will do it, and it will be too late for us to join efforts!

The government is already doing this, and some on this forum call us all sci fy fantasy, illusions? It is high time we as architects and designers WAKE UP, and realize urgently what is going on around us! Either we design our own alternate reality and re-shape the future together, or the government will do it for us, and it will be too late to go back!

If this does not concern us as leading architects, as environmental designers, as those who lead and shape the reality around us, then who does it concern? If we do not act and do something about this, who will?

This is a new government project and there is still time for us to unite and bring this into the public realm, before it is too late!

The time is here and now.

New World Economics: Simulations Controlling Reality in 2007

http://plausiblefutures.wordpress.com/

"This is not particularly science fiction. I’ve discussed aspects of the surveillance state before, but I am far from an expert and the field is vast and mostly secretive. I would point you towards recent articles at Global Research and Cryptogon for more knowledgeable takes on the surveillance enclosure. The peeks we do get are significant, such as the Sentient World Simulator that DARPA and Simulex have been working on, which is a fully-functional model of planet Earth, all it’s nations, and their people. The system is based off an earlier technology called Synthetic Environments for Analysis and Simulation (SEAS), which markets this super-computer power to the corporate world."

There is much information out there of concern to all regarding privacy issues. Most are not taking it seriously.
usarender
millennium club

How about this

Postby usarender » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:06 pm

How about this wind energy sky scraper ? -->>

Sky scrapers: A Typology Problem?

Much more then a sky scraper!

The Global Pyramid!

140 km in height.

120 km wide.

The most fantastic building project ever seen.

The Gateway to the Sky.

The Global Ring.

Project Liquid Universe.

A universe of possibilities at our door step.

Welcome to the future.

The Structural Gate to Space

Magnetic Cancellation Theory.
usarender
millennium club

Postby usarender » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:37 pm

This is great, a summary of some of the best posts on these forums lately -->>

The Silver Screen of Architecture

And more ideas on this topic under discussion -->>

THE NEW SILVER SCREEN OF ARCHITECTURE - Main Link

(To view the forum postings, just click on the blue letters above).
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:50 am

Here in this contry wind turbines are placed far out at sea or as far away from houses and cities as possible -- in fact there are regulations about how close it is allowed to rise a wind turbine to houses where people live.

Becaurse of the noise , becaurse of the low frequency but heavy noise , no one in this land except wind energy fanatics, want to live to close to these noise factories, beside --- how much is 5 MW. realy , that small kilowat amount one or two single windmills can produce.
P.C.
millennium club

Return to New Structure Forum