The Structures of the Future

For discussion of structural innovations ranging from 3D Honeycomb to genomic and self-generating formal systems. All welcome.

Postby usarender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:30 am

Laughing hyenas.

Here it goes :

Welcome to the Future !
Last edited by usarender on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
usarender
millennium club

Hello George

Postby usarender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:34 am

So are you ready to take up the challenge George ? Shall we develop this together ?
usarender
millennium club

Postby csintexas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:59 pm

Wonderful idea George, I think you ought to work with Birgco's World Vision Organization. He is truly a visionary visionary.

Plus you can see from the thread on double wall construction that the guy knows walls (and your project is going to need some really tall ones)

I don't think a liquid universe will work for this project because it will be far to runny. (especially with global warming)
csintexas
millennium club

Further Considerations on the Design

Postby usarender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:10 pm

These people who are replying have consistently shown they have no genuine ideas, are reductionist, seem bent on destroying the ideas of others out of envy and pride, and go on to boast about being the only ones to be truly contributing to these forums, with their "Modern Texas Projects" that are nothing more then a copy of Frank Lloyd Wright. They have no creativity, their comments never make any sense and they are always upsetting everyone on these forums.

They are not even capable of accepting the challenge to post comments on the ideas themselves, and the possibilities of each option. They are not here to participate in this discussion, or in these ideas, but to seek to destroy the cause of others. They are engaged in shameful behavior.

They claim to be knowledgeable, yet the only thing they know is double walls and double trouble.

They ridicule George even, saying he cannot know Donald, and then try to get his support for their abusive behavior. When this project is built, their chins will drop and they will have no place to hide their shameful behavior. They forget this is a global community, and the ideas we develop together are becoming real.

Their derogatory comments are only making us stronger, and giving us more ideas.
usarender
millennium club

Further Developments on the Gateway to the Sky !

Postby usarender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:48 pm

This gateway to the sky will become real and it will enable man to explore space in a way never before possible. It will enable multiple space stations at intervals, so man can travel large distances in space through the "umbilical cords". It will allow for docking stations, where the space-ships carry people around and back to the central areas to return to earth.

They carry the power to make the space shuttle obsolete ! Put a big X across the image of the space shuttle then if you wish.
Last edited by usarender on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby birgco » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Great news!!!!!

I am developing a new technology known as The Forum "Whisper"
Technology.
It is truly amazing futuristic type software that enables the user to "whisper" to another forum member without the other forum members listening in. The problem is this..... I thought the current software was powerful enough to keep out all but the most super intelligent computer whiz types.........but I was wrong.
But there is more good news.....there is a "Whisper"
Upgrade but it will cost at least another 25 million to fully develop.
I really need it because that nosey, know-it-all, you-know-who, was listening in on my private "whisper" conversation with my new client, George.
I finally figured out how he defeated the basic software, but the new and improved "Ultra Whisper" technology will add new meaning to M.Y.O.B.
Now if anyone is interested in getting in on the ground floor of this truly amazing, mind-boggling, technology, just send money to my website listed below. We will work out all the details later like your 1000% R.O.I.
(that's return on investment) yes, you heard me.......1000% return!!!!!!

Act now!!!!! Remember, if you snooze..... you lose!!!!

Patiently waiting to hear from you,

Yours in Finance,

Birgco

WorldVision@GIVEMEMONEY.Com
birgco

The Arch as the Optimal Structural Form

Postby usarender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:36 pm

FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS -->>
THE ARCH AS THE OPTIMAL STRUCTURAL FORM for the new Gateway to the Sky!

Now we can see the arch shape will be an optimal design, as the arch can be maintained stable when suspended, without horizontal movement. So we can create portals that have two ends on the ground and at the top of the arch meet at the docking stations. By intersection two arches at 90 degrees, we will get a more stable structure that will not balance in the wind, and multiple access points.

By horizontally connecting these access points, we have a new terrestrial mass transportation system ! People will be able to travel fast, cheaply and reach for the stars!

The docking stations will be connected to space labs, to further space located docking stations, and these will enable multiple exchange routes. Information will flow through space with our new data transmission system. The docking stations will harbor small shops, small laboratories and and act as re-supply stations.

The spaceships will make use of the magnetic system to bounce themselves around planets and gain speed as they travel to remote locations, riding on the waves of magnetic propulsion and the synergy developed by bouncing off larger bodies, using the gravitational field to accelerate and then shift their course into the galaxy.

Their internal engines, by making use of gravitational cancellation possible by the intense magnetic field, will be able to levitate and invert their internal fields at will, to flow on the waves of gravitational attraction and bounce off the positive and negative poles of planets, to follow their sinuous path over the surface of bodies. They distort our compasses and antiquated equipments by their strong magnetic field. This alien technology is actually within the reach of mankind. We are being observed and are now observing the change.

Man, fearful and wonderfully made, creates a new liquid galaxy of energy and momentum, where the technology of change brings a new universe to our door step !

We have only just began. Thousands of new structural developments to follow !
Last edited by usarender on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby birgco » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:44 pm

My friends at D.C.,

Don't be fooled by immitators!!!!!

My website is the only investment fully backed by the faith and finances of the U.S. Government. *(please see disclaimer)

We are waiting to hear from you!!!

Yours in finance,

Birgco

WorldVision@GIVEMEMONEY.Com

*WorldVision is not affiliated with any government agency
birgco

give me a break!

Postby usarender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:09 pm

Mr. Bird & Company, don't start patronizing George. You criticize his ideas then request respect of him ?

Your illogical criticisms are reaching astronomical proportions. Why don't you stop all the harassing and get back to work before you arrange more trouble for yourself.
Last edited by usarender on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
usarender
millennium club

Time to Change !

Postby usarender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:51 pm

Time to change !

The Power of Global Cooperation.

The growth of ideas caused by opposition. We are growing stronger by the day. As the opposition intensifies, so do our ideas, and the number of members joining in this global participative effort.

Keep up your silly opposition. It is only making us stronger by the day !

The more the jesting, the joking, the more we have new creative ideas that start to flow at an even faster rate ! The world will benefit from this in an incredible way !

This is the dawn of a new era of technological achievement.

Those who join with us to develop this will be the new billionaires of the future. This is no small joke. If someone tries to develop it without our help, they will be violating intellectual property, will not have the power of global participation.

Architecture will progress by leaps and bounds as we project these ideas into the existing reality here and now.

The cities of the future are just a shot away.

A small step for man, a giant leap for mankind !

Seen by the world, observed by angels, supported by a galaxy of knowledge.

Welcome to the journey !

Project Liquid Universe
usarender
millennium club

Me, The Tower and You.

Postby GeorgeBozic » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:04 am

Gentlemen,
Thankyou all for your passionate attention to my little idea. This is what I have been looking for all these years.
Mr Nelson, thankyou for your interest.
Mr Birgco, thankyou for reducing your normal retainer by $500 for me.
Mr Stewart, thankyou for being involved.
Do any of your replies get me closer to starting my little project?
Not that I've read yet.
Mr Birgco if you do know Donny give him a call and tell him George needs is help.
Gentlemen, I posted my idea for one reason. I will build my Tower.

George Bozic
Xcellence Ind.
P.S. I will build the tower in the middle of my home land, Australia The Land DownUnder
GeorgeBozic

A New Babylon?

Postby usarender » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:23 pm

Hello George,

Why does it have to be a tower ? Looking at it from the standpoint of an architect and inventor -->>

My solution is -->>

1. More technically feasible.
2. Is more realizable and tangeable.
3. Will be built faster.
4. Will be fraction of the cost of your solution.
5. Will not interfere with airplanes and other man-made objects that could collide with a tower.

So if you pursue your idea, and I pursue mine, the net result is that one of them will reach space first. The tower also may never get environmental or building approval, because of it's impact on the environment and man-made air born machines.

This may be one of the reasons your persistent pursuit of building a tower is leading to nowhere and why you are not able to get support for it. Remember the Babylonians? They tried to develop a tower to the sky, and never succeeded. The story goes this led to the various languages we have today, as it all ended up in one big confusion. So if man attempts to do the same today he will only be challenging the original story and attempting to prove history is wrong, and that it can be done. Do you assume you are greater then the Babylonians ? You will assume you will succeed with a tower, when they failed? It seems you are relying on modern technology as well, but then again, maybe not. It seems your tower would be just as primitive as the original Babylonian idea, except that the bricks would be plastic. Even less stable and resistant then the old Babylonian construction technology, as solid as the ages.

Further, certainly is these forums, there are no serious engineers or architects proposing any serious visionary solutions, or even posting any serious critique on this subject. There is a general apathy apparent. The only responses so far are from ill intended individuals seeking to diminish the content of the post, and the ideas being proposed, by posting sarcastic remarks.
usarender
millennium club

Earth Rings

Postby usarender » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:21 pm

As a development to this design, attached are a few images.

The arch access portals will be intersecting at ninety degrees and will also maintain a central access elevator, for elevating larger loads.

The arches will be supported by the balloons distributed along the path. The central elevator will be supported by a global ring, to be constructed of the p.c. honeycomb type structural type system. (What do you think, p.c?) The honeycomb can be constructed with synthetic composite materials and erected in space. The global ring will function as a structural support for the high speed horizontal transportation system in space. The ring will be supported by the orbit of the large satellite bodies, attached to the central ring with cables at intervals as illustrated. The orbiting bodies can be substituted for large globes of water. The water can be produced in space, by elevating materials into space to fabricate the water. The large orbiting satellite bodies will be all attached to the ring, and be on sliding cables. The eccentric momentum produced by their bodies will hold the ring in space. It will enable the ring to carry heavy loads and vertically hoist objects into space. The horizontal rings will harbor cities, with chambers divided into sections, so that if a section is taken out by a natural disaster, the chamber can be replaced. The rings will be double, in the event one ring is removed, the other will still support the entire structure. The rings will be separated by a distance greater then the largest heavenly earth bound object, providing double security in the event of a collision with a meteor. The space between the rings will be enclosed by plastic materials in chambers filled with oxygen. These chambers can be replaced as needed. The horizontal transportation system will travel along these rings as well. The rings will remain in space permanently and can be maintained when needed. The orbiting objects will be placed in space with small rockets that maintain vertical and horizontal thrusters. The orbits of the large bodies will be used to generate all the electricity needed for the space stations and transportation system, as well as the vertical hoist systems and all the support equipment.

Note: For some reason, the images do not appear unless one is logged in. If they do not appear on your computer, please visit our site Project Liquid Universe and view the page "Gateway to the Sky".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by usarender on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usarender
millennium club

A System Incredibly Similar to This !!

Postby usarender » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:02 pm

P.C. just shocked me, by referring to a technology which is astoundingly similar and I had no knowledge of!!!

He referred to a lift yesterday in the discussion on concept, so I requested further information from him. Today he referred to it again, but alluding in a way that made me curious, so I did a search on Yahoo and came up with the link!! I was shocked at first glance to see this -->>

The technology p.c. referred to -->>

http://www.liftport.com/

Is actually amazing, as I had no contact with this, or idea of it, when I conceived of the space ring system !

According to this site -->>

The LiftPort Space Elevator
What is a space elevator?

""A Space Elevator, or more specifically the LiftPort Space Elevator, will consist of a ribbon made of a very strong and very light material, carbon nanotubes, anchored to the Earth's surface at the LiftPort Station with the other end reaching into space. By making the ribbon long enough, and attaching a small satellite as counterweight, the Earth's rotation will provide enough centrifugal effect to overcome the pull of gravity and keep the ribbon taut. The LiftPort Space Elevator will then provide a permanent bridge between earth and space. Elevator cars will be robotic "lifters" which will climb the ribbon to deliver cargo and eventually people to orbit or beyond.""

At first glance, I believed they were copying my idea. But, in reality, their idea is almost the same as mine ! Many ingredients are missing, however.

It is curious, though, to see a big team of inventors for years working on something I created in a few minutes, with no knowledge of their ideas. They are a group of 4 companies, who are together working for years to develop ideas I come up with in a few minutes and developed in an hour or just a few hours, to do the diagrams etc.

Now, your comments, p.c. on the topic on "Concept in Architecture"-->>

"" There are various good resons to look closer to the space lift ; many problems to solve there already such like , that it is not enough to just "lift" something up in the skies , satelites only stay there becaurse they ballance their speed so they do not "fall down" . With our space lift, you must remember it has to be double as "long" as the ribbon lift, as to gain from the earth rotation to keep it in the air, in fact it is this rotation and the centrifugal forces that make this possible, but if you go back to the early 50' where man tried to reach the bottom of the oceans , by a steel ball in a wire the surprising experience was, that the hardest problem was to manufactor a steel wire strong enough to hold it's own weight , to be able to reach just those ten eleven kilometer down ; this turned out impossible and triggered a great invension a submarine with a petrol tank as updrift ; that way the wire was elimanated and they did indeed reach the bottom, where with the wire , even two kilometers was a huge challance.
I don't even belive that with the space lift all problems are solved, as as soon a cargo is not ballanced by the counterweights in further out space of the space lift, --- then it will instantly drop to the surface unless, unless it by some mean can reach enough speed to ecape earth gravitation."""

My system is different, and you have not understood it at all. Their system merely keeps the space lift in the air. My system is able to support heavy weights !

Further, nothing will fall to earth, even if the weight of the cargo exceeds the centrifugal balance. This, because, my system is allowed to sway some in space. This sway will be minimal, even with loads that greatly exceed the recommended, this because it is a global ring, and the forces on all ends of the planet keep it in an average position. Now, it can be built only with high tension cables, and as many as needed to guarantee the stability of the system. We can add as many cables as we need to, to guarantee the structural stability !

A few comments you made shows you didn't understand our system at all. Something is not just being "lifted to the sky". The balance of speed you referred to, is being achieved in a unique new way before never done ! It is a revolutionary idea to suspend cities in space, using the kitecnics of masses in motion and centrifugal forces as counter-weights to gravity, to allow us to suspend cities around planets !

Why would one want to occupy the moon ? It is barren! Now, if we could anchor our cities to planets, they will not simply drift into space, we have a fixed reference point, and can be more easily connected to the earth and space stations. We can extract elements we need from planets, and conduct our experiments using this technology.
usarender
millennium club

Buckies Fuller Ring Bridge

Postby usarender » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Nasa also has developed it's own version of a "space elevator" -->>

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SpaceElevator

""Basically, a big long cable tied to the equator of earth, with a rock at the end in geosynchronous orbit. People could then climb the cable and get into outer space cheaply.""

This is probably the most objective site on the issues of why their ideas may or may not work.

""What is the timetable?

The timetable is 50 years after everyone stops laughing.""

(Like these jokers who are constantly harassing these posts).

So in effect, NASA's plan also brings a complexity of issues that is mind boggling and will take too long to resolve! Come on NASA, why so much complexity, when it can be achieved in a more efficient manner, as has already been proposed under this system posted here at design community?

Further, the system being proposed here is not a space elevator! It is a new genuine unique idea not even based on all this research of similar systems. The research is coming now, after the system was already proposed!

This is probably the best post on the subject -->>

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?FullerRingBridge

But Mr. Buckys ring won't work either -->>

Fuller Ring Bridge
A structure suggested by BuckminsterFuller in 1951, consisting of an artificial ring built in space above the earth's equator. This could be done to connect the a bunch of SpaceElevators.

Not the same as RingWorld, which is a ring surrounding a star and is thus much larger.

This would obviously only be useful to connect SpaceElevators if it were rotating geosynchronously.... which goes without saying.

The structure would have minimum stress if attached to the SpaceElevators exactly at the altitude of geosynchronous satellites, roughly 1/3 of the way up. But perhaps other locations closer to or further from the earth might be possible.

What's the purpose of this structure?

Speculation: In theory, it takes less energy to ride the elevator up to the bridge, take the moving sidewalk over to the next elevator, then take the elevator down, than it does to fly directly in an airplane.

We already have hundreds of tons of communication satellites in geosynchronous orbit, and "we" put more up every year. If we keep putting more and more stuff into that narrow band, eventually it will become packed solid. Voila, the FullerRingBridge. No SpaceElevator necessary.

Although that would definitely be one of the more expensive ways of going about building one

And once you connected them together the resulting structure would become unstable, start oscillating, touch the atmosphere and disintegrate (if it hadn't through tidal stresses already). Maybe the space elevators would anchor it? Solid rings rotating around large gravitational fields don't work. -- TomAyerst (oops, that's already been covered in RingWorld)

This is pure speculation, but would it be more stable if you put it just above geosynch orbit, so there's a constant, slight (or not-so-slight) pull outwards by centripetal force? Or, for that matter, put the structure just below geosynch orbit and let gravity bow it inwards, creating the world's biggest suspension bridge using the space elevators as the pylons. Oh, and here's an interesting issue... how would the Moon's tidal forces affect such a structure?

Once you got the bridge done, you won't need anymore geosync satellites, you can just mount another antenna anywhere on the bridge! As long as their separation is wide enough for the ground station to resolve.

What the author suggested, thus has not been fully postulated into a working system, until now. We are here to prove it can be done!

According to the text above -->>

""This would obviously only be useful to connect SpaceElevators if it were rotating geosynchronously.... which goes without saying.""

This won't work either, the entire ring does not need to rotate! Come on, you technology geeks!

These guys are trying to create a ring by connecting satellites, but can't decide where to place the ring ! The ring can be exactly where it needs to be ! All we need are the counter-weights, placed just above the geosynch orbit, as we already proposed, and Vola!

These guys are trying to create a ring by connecting satellites, but can't decide where to place the ring ! The ring can be exactly where it needs to be ! All we need are the counter-weights, placed just above the geosynch orbit, as we already proposed, and Voila!

Further stated -->>

""We already have hundreds of tons of communication satellites in geosynchronous orbit, and "we" put more up every year. If we keep putting more and more stuff into that narrow band, eventually it will become packed solid. Voila, the FullerRingBridge. No SpaceElevator necessary.""

Of course no space elevator is needed! This Mr. Bucky got right! But he failed to consolidate it into a working system, as his proposition was not in tune with current technology! So this goes to show how a brilliant idea must also be in tune with the times.

I just found these posts above NOW ! So this proves further it has not been done, and that the proposal is grounded on some of the most incredible physics and theoreticians in existence, without any of them being consulted. I had no knowledge of Fuller's proposals or these sites above, until now.

""Oh, and here's an interesting issue... how would the Moon's tidal forces affect such a structure?""""

This has already been resolved as well. The ring is an oscillating ring, as it is not connected to the earth. Therefore, just as the ocean, small oscillations as caused by the moon will be a natural consequence of this oscillation. The same for the variable loads, which even though calculated, may vary from opposite earth positions. This is no problem also. The eccentric forces created by the orbiting counter-weights will provide more then enough support needed.

I just found these posts above NOW ! So this proves further it has not been done, and that the proposal is grounded on some of the most incredible physics and theoreticians in existence, without any of them being consulted. I had no knowledge of Fuller's proposals or these sites above, until now.

""Oh, and here's an interesting issue... how would the Moon's tidal forces affect such a structure?""""

This has already been resolved as well. The ring is an oscillating ring, as it is not connected to the earth. Therefore, just as the ocean, small oscillations as caused by the moon will be a natural consequence of this oscillation. The same for the variable loads, which even though calculated, may vary from opposite earth positions. This is no problem also. The eccentric forces created by the orbiting counter-weights will provide more then enough support needed.

Further, as referred to by PC, the sci-fy books address these issues -->>

KimStanleyRobinson put space elevators in the Mars trilogy (see RedGreenBlueMars), at both Mars and Earth. The anchor mass/station for the first elevator, built at Mars, was named "Clarke". In both Clarke and Robinson's stories, the Mars elevators had the problems of avoiding one or both of Phobos and Deimos, which was done by inducing carefully timed oscillations in the cable. At Earth we might have a problem with smaller man-made space junk.

Charles Sheffield a former president of the American Astronautical Society wrote The Web Between the Worlds, a novel about the first SpaceElevator. The book came out at the same time as The Fountains of Paradise. It holds up quite well in comparison with Clarke's book. Clarke wrote an introduction to Sheffield's book.

The Mars trilogy by KimStanleyRobinson also explores what would happen if the cable fell down. (I'd like to hear more about what happens WhenSpaceElevatorsFall?. From the FAQ at http://www.liftport.com/faqs/index.php? ... aqID=21#92: "The ribbon is light (7.5 kg/km) so, any pieces that fall to earth will slow down, in the air, to about the same terminal velocity as that of an open newspaper page falling.")

The cable is sabotaged and falls in Mercury by BenBova? (ISBN 0765304120 ).

All these trilogies, still got it wrong. They kept thinking of a vertical cable!

Even Bucky, when proposing a horizontal cable or ring, did not consider the plan as we proposed, and it is absurd to anchor such a Bucky ring to space elevators ! My ring can float is space with no earth connection!

So everyone is completely lost, in effect, going the wrong direction.

It is high time we consolidate all this confusion into the new system as proposed.

Further developments on the Gateway to the Sky

The Rings

Three parallel connected rings that have multiple springs in the core encased in metal sliding chambers. The chambers can elongate or become shorter in length, according to the pressure applied to the rings. The rings will be further encased in inter-connected spheres of hard rubber type synthetic compounds. The interior of these spheres will contain axial spoke structural supports, that function as types of shock absorbers. These interconnected spheres will function as the external membrane to the inner core of rings. This external link of spheres will create a global chain. It will protect the inner rings from meteor damage.

The interior rings are able to elongate or shorten, as the inner core springs slide on tracks. According to the geo-distributed weights applied to the rings, they will thus change their vertical position and either grow or shorten in total circumference. This will allow them to shift some vertically as needed. As they shift their altitude position, the rotating connected spheres in orbit will also flow on a compressed path, thus accelerating somewhat in their spin. As the ring is de-compressed, under conditions of low cargo, the orbiting spheres will follow a wider path.

The main purpose of this composition is to create less tension in the high strength nano fibers that will compose the geo rings. The geo rings can be loaded to maximum capacity without over-stressing the rings by the composite of the orbiting eccentric forces and the loads of cargo being hoisted to space.

Further, the baloons and arched gateways will carry the majority of the loads in small amounts, and in sequences 24 hours a day, thus reducing the load also on the geo spheres to a minimum. Especially since they will host the pay loads only the distance between the highest balloon and the geo-sphere.
usarender
millennium club

PreviousNext

Return to New Structure Forum