iPhone Weather applications?

Discussion of architectural photography in general, plus postings for participating photographers in the Artifice Images licensing pool.

iPhone Weather applications?

Postby JeffW » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:21 pm

With so much of our work based on the weather. I was wondering what everyone's favorite iPhone weather application is? I have the TWC and Who is Hot. Although both provide good info neither perform with both ease of use and a thorough amount of info. Lacking a good forecast of the sky's true quality. Cloudy is such a general term

I'm sure there are some opinions so any insights are very welcome. thanks jeff
JeffW

Postby chrisrich » Fri May 14, 2010 3:29 pm

I personally prefer Deluxeware Weather, it's fairly basic compared to some but it does the job. I've included a link below to an article that outlines the 10 best weather apps, thre are free versions and paid also...compare and review what's available!

http://theappleblog.com/2009/04/17/app- ... ther-apps/
chrisrich

Postby Pbartf64 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Saw this post and thought to add what I use for weather apps. I normally use The Weather Channel app but a storm chaser nerd just showed me RadarScope. It's a paid app and shows live radar. May be good if you're waiting for clouds to pass over. May be worth it.

Paul S. Bartholomew, ABIPP
Architectural & Interior Design Photographer
Pbartf64

Re: iPhone Weather applications?

Postby JeffW » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks Paul that RadarScope looks very cool!
JeffW

Re: iPhone Weather applications?

Postby David Owen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I recently started using the free Weather Underground "Weather Quickie" app. A couple of compelling things about its interface:

1. The main page is dead simple. It gives you a high-level summary of the day's forecast for your location, and updates to the forecast for the current location with just a tap of a button.

2. If you want detail, you can mine down quickly and easily into whatever weather metrics tickle your fancy (satellite imaging, radar, hour-by-hour forecasts, etc.), with just a few screen taps.

Although I find the home screen a little more simplistic than I'd like, as someone who moves around a fair bit, the one-click update (using the iOS Location Services) is far better than most weather interface solutions (AccuWeather, I'm looking at you).

All the Weather Underground software offerings, including this iOS app, can be seen here:

http://www.wunderground.com/download/index.asp
David Owen

Return to Architectural Photography