Resources / training / seminars?

Discussion of architectural photography in general, plus postings for participating photographers in the Artifice Images licensing pool.

Resources / training / seminars?

Postby Eric Gregoire » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Hello all,
Over the years I have been shifting toward a stronger interest in architectural photography and its related retouching. Unfortunately my course work in college did not have a strong focus in these areas. I have been teaching myself quite a bit but I'd really like to learn more!!

Does anyone have any recommendations on training, seminars, webinars, books, websites, etc...

A lot of the online resources I have found are very beginner oriented and do not offer any new info or challenges. :(

I would really appreciate any info that anyone has!
Thanks,
Eric
Eric Gregoire

give this a try

Postby reelmello » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:18 am

I work in the Florida Keys and purchased this book you download. It supplies contact sites and How To info. I now sell photos for some extra money, but the contacts you make have more value.

http://www.productsupplycenter.com/web200479
reelmello

give this a try

Postby reelmello » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:18 am

I work in the Florida Keys and purchased this book you download. It supplies contact sites and How To info. I now sell photos for some extra money, but the contacts you make have more value.

http://www.productsupplycenter.com/web200479
reelmello

Postby Pbartf64 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Try to become a member of ASMP. I'm a member of the architectural photography group that is very helpful. They have a forum where you can post questions much like this one but the forum is limited to only members.

Also, try to buy as many books as possible. I have a photography degree and worked with commercial photographers when starting out but none were architectural. Most of what I learned was self taught from books and experimenting. Most of all, look at lots of other people's work and find a style you wish to pursue.

Paul S. Bartholomew
<a title="Architectural Photographer Interior Design Photographer" href="http://www.psbphotography.com">Architectural Interior Design Photographer</a>
Pbartf64

Return to Architectural Photography