Living with 1970s Decor

What does Modern Living mean to you? Share your ideas, questions, viewpoints, tips, tricks, and resources, and let's explore our evolving concepts together of an elegant, ethical, well-designed way of living in this 21st century.

Living with 1970s Decor

Postby Supergraphic70s » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi there! I am doing a little research for a blog I write about 1970s interior design (http://supergraphicstrategies.wordpress.com/). I often see very negative reactions to 70s style on design forums.

My question is: Do you hate / cringe at 70s interior design? If so, what specifically about it turns you off? …bold colors, heavy use of patterns, certain accessories, what?

Here are few photos of my favorite rooms, to inspire your reactions:

Home Planning and Design_73_supergraphics_carpet.jpg

70spoll_1.jpg
70spoll_1.jpg (80.73 KiB) Viewed 5753 times

70spoll_4.jpg

1960s_yalesellarslucky_vermont.png

70spoll_3.jpg

If you LIKE 70s interiors, feel free to share your positive reactions too!

PS. I didn't grow up in the 70s, I'm only 21.
Also, I'm only an amateur designer / I never studied interior design or architecture in college.

Thanks!
Supergraphic70s

Return to Modern Living Forum