Apple Music Event Keynote - New iPods, Apple TV

What does Modern Living mean to you? Share your ideas, questions, viewpoints, tips, tricks, and resources, and let's explore our evolving concepts together of an elegant, ethical, well-designed way of living in this 21st century.

Apple Music Event Keynote - New iPods, Apple TV

Postby David Owen » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I just finished watching the 09/01 Apple event keynote.

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1 ... index.html

And I'm mainly undecided about most of the software changes Steve Jobs discussed.

I am looking forward to the promise of iOS 4.1, which seems like it might improve iOS performance on my iPhone 3G.

I'm really not a gamer, so the whole Game Center development is of minimal interest.

HDR support in the iPhone Camera app in iOS 4.2 seems potentially interesting for most users, but as an editor it poses more questions and dilemmas than it answers. And printing on the iPad seems a small, but momentous addition (one that should've been present from the start, perhaps). The other software elements seem evolutionary and of only marginal interest.

The hardware announced seems predictably gorgeous if exuberantly priced!

I'm seriously thinking about an iPod Shuffle or Nano for the first time. Price points and feature sets seem to have evolved enough that either one could be a fine alternative to my iPhone for exercise and yard work.

Anyone else have a strong reaction (pro or con) to the software or product announcements? Does it seem to anyone else as though Apple's increasingly in the business of selling media, and just happens to sell hardware you'll need to get locked in to their "ecosystem"?
David Owen

Return to Modern Living Forum