Information about AA in London ?

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Information about AA in London ?

Postby mahsa62 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi all ,

I have applied undergraduate program for AA in London and SCI-arch in La ,and I am not pretty sure which one is a better school to study Architecture?Plus ,I got a call for an interview in AA,so I just want to know is there anyone to have experience about the interview ?Or how should be ready foe the interview ?
after all ,how is the job opportunities after graduation from AA?
So ,I really appreciate if share your information with me !

Cheers ,
mahsa62

Postby fhwong » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 am

First of all congratulations in getting an interview at the AA.

You don't mention whether you studied Architecture before or whether this is your first foray into the subject?

Did you study Art?

You will need to prepare for the interview. No doubt they will want to see any design work you may have done whether it be architecture or fine art or graphics. You can bring stuff that you either did at school or even in your own time.

They will want to understand why you are choosing architecture and why you want to go to the AA. I suggest you research the units at the AA what work they have done, the history of the AA etc.

As for job opportunities after the AA? Depends on the recession .... But seriously the AA is known all over the world I would say you would have no problem getting a job after graduation as long as you are a good student!

A school is only a part of the equation, you yourself and what you make of the environment you are in and the opportunities it gives you will determine your success.
fhwong

Postby mahsa62 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 am

Thank you so much for your respond :)
I had bachelor in computer engineering and I don't have any degree in Art ,but as passion ,I have been always involved with it and I did some course at Emily Carr(university of art and design in Vancouver )
About the school ,I did alot of research about the work that AA have done ,but I didn't found anything useful except its history and previous students!

So ,I really appreciate if you know a link or extra info. about their works ,just send them to me .

Good information , Thanks again

Cheers,

Mahsa
mahsa62

Return to Architecture Students Forum