shops in prison

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

shops in prison

Postby alegra » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 am

Hello!

I'm doing a research about prisons, and I've heard of a prison that is supposed to be built in Koper, Slovenia (EU) which will have some kind of a shopping unit in itself, like an additional wing or part of the building..I don't know if the "shop" is meant to be for the prisoners, or general public... :shock:

If anyone has any other info about it, or if you've (just) heard about it, please post!
alegra

Postby SDR » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:52 am

In America, at least, the word "shop" can also refer to a workshop. Prisons often have workshops where inmates are employed to make things for sale, or at least to provide maintenance for the facility itself.

SDR
SDR
millennium club

Postby alegra » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:30 am

... I'm pretty sure that this wil be a normal/regular shopping unit.. But thanks for replying
alegra

re:slovenia prison thing

Postby sabotage » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:23 pm

hey... don't know if u've already seen this, but i googled 'prison with shop koper slovenia' and this pdf link showed, right under a link to your question... wanna check it out? safe
sabotage

Return to Architecture Students Forum