Urbanism

Discussion among students of architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design. Occasional contributions by lurking design professionals.

Urbanism

Postby SuzyUK » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:13 am

hey everyone!
this is my final project of my final year of part1! the aim is to design an inner city of retail, dwellings, markethall and a public space..
my urban strategy is to link the parks/greenery of the city to the given site by demolishing some neighbouring buildings and creating a green pathway where buildings are stretched out/spilled out
and as a precedent im using the prada shops by rem koolhaas the use of curves as a continous structure! which becomes a catwalk at some point..
basically its a fashion market/retail! i need some precedents on a larger scale and some guideness on what i should be doing im kind of stuck
any advice would be so appreciated...
bare in mind this site includes the old city walls of the city aswell so im fiting modernism in the old city.

Thanks
persianize@hotmail.co.uk
SuzyUK

Return to Architecture Students Forum