internship offered>www.vernarch.com>Bangalore

Architecture, design, and building help wanted - Post AEC jobs board messages from registered members OFFERING employment or internship here. Not for contract or freelance services, only for regular employment positions.

internship offered>www.vernarch.com>Bangalore

Postby goutham_vernarch » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:18 pm

The Centre for Vernacular Architecture-
is a Co-operative of building craft persons established in 1989. A non-profit organization, the Centre has been designing and executing turnkey, various vernacular architectural projects in South India. Vernacular Architecture is a little known and little explored field that is concerned with Architectural building traditions/practices that are cost effective, ecologically sensible and culturally relevant. Building on the work of practioners like Laurie Baker and Hassan Fathy, our architectural practice promotes the use of locally available materials, traditional building techniques, culturally and climatically relevant building design.

The Centre comprises of a core team of six Architects, Eight Engineer/supervisors and a team of about 75 dedicated building crafts-people drawn from all the building related trades. Apart from undertaking turn key projects we also offer consultancy, training, promotion of student exchange/resident programs.
goutham_vernarch

Postby parnika » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:41 pm

Hello
Im a student of architecture from College of Engineering & Technology Bhubaneshwar.Im in my 4th year and my internship starts from June'06.Im very interested in vernacular architecture and i want to adopt this style of design for my thesis project.Are there any openings for trainees in your firm at the moment as i would like to work with you.Please mail me at - blocked - and i will send you my resume.
Regards
Parnika
parnika

Return to Architecture and Building Employment Openings - Help Wanted